Has responsibility for directing the daily operations of an individual location. Operates in accordance with prescribed policies, practices and standard operating procedures. Is responsible for maintaining a full staff including the selection, development and performance management of hourly associates. Ensures compliance with standards for customer relations, food costs, labor costs, safety and sanitation and product preparation.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales while minimizing costs, including food, beverage, packaging, labor costs, supplies and utilities.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, inventory, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Food Safety and Planning
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of the kitchen, back of the house and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality food preparation and service.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
- Control food and beverage costs. Ensure proper ordering, receiving and storage of supplies. Oversee portion controls and preparation quantities to minimize waste.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Leads the café team to overcome areas of opportunity and maximize the cafés areas of strength.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Maintain a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accident. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling and planning while upholding standards, product quality and overall café cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Ensure the bakery (including all food equipment, computer equipment, furniture, fixtures and the physical building) is maintained up to company standards and guest expectations.
- Keeps Director of Operations promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Provide direction to employees and managers regarding operational and procedures expectations.
- Supervise a team of managers which includes: scheduling, performance management, training and development.
- Interview hourly employees. Direct hiring, supervision and development and when necessary, termination of employees.
- Conduct orientations and oversee the training of new employees.
- Develop employees and managers by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain accurate associate staffing levels and up-to-date hiring plans to ensure café staffing levels meets café sales volumes and company standards. Oversees the scheduling duty and ensures the café is properly staffed for all shifts.
- ServSafe Certification
- Bachelor or Associates degree is preferred. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
- General working knowledge of computers and software (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Proficient in the following areas of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping and preparation of reports.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, be eligible to work in the United States and consent to agree to criminal background check.
APPLY TODAY! APLICA YA!
Text JOINLM to “85000”