Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77019
Assistant General Manager
5885 San Felipe St. Suite 100
Houston, TX 77057
Assistant General Manager
Has responsibility for the daily operations of an individual café and assumes the General Manager responsibilities in his or her absence. Operates in accordance with prescribed policies, practices and standard operating procedures. Is responsible for assisting the General Manager in maintaining a full staff including the selection, development and performance management of hourly associates. Ensures compliance with standards for customer relations, vendor relations, food costs, labor costs, safety and sanitation and product preparation.
- Responsible for assisting the General Manager with all financial (invoices, inventory, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Food Safety and Planning
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of the kitchen, back of the house and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality food preparation and service.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
- Control food and beverage costs. Ensure proper ordering, receiving and storage of supplies. Oversee portion controls and preparation quantities to minimize waste.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Leads the café team to overcome areas of opportunity and maximize the cafés areas of strength.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Maintain a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accident. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling and labor planning while upholding standards, product quality and overall café cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Ensure the café (including all food equipment, computer equipment, furniture, fixtures and the physical building) is maintained up to company standards and guest expectations.
- Keeps the General Manager promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedures expectations.
- Interview hourly employees. Providing supervision, development, coaching and when necessary, termination of employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Must have ServSafe Certification or be willing to obtain Certification when hired.
- Bachelor or Associates degree is preferred. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
- General working knowledge of computers and software (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Proficient in the following areas of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, record keeping and preparation of reports.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, be eligible to work in the United States and consent to agree to criminal background check.
APPLY TODAY! APLICA YA!
Text JOINLM to “85000”
Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77019 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77019 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77019 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77019 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77019 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77019 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77019 Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77019 Est. $9.00 Part-time Conroe, TX 77304 Urgently Hiring Est. $13.00 to $15.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Tomball, TX 77375 Urgently Hiring Est. $13.00 to $15.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Houston, TX 77024 Urgently Hiring Est. $13.00 to $15.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time The Woodlands, TX 77385 Urgently Hiring Est. 40,000. to 50,000. Part-time Magnolia, TX 77354 Urgently Hiring Est. $54,000-$72,000 Part-time Tomball, TX 77377 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.00 - $17.00 per hour plus bonus Full-time Webster, TX 77598 Urgently Hiring Est. 9.22-11.00 Part-time, Full-time Katy, TX 77449 Urgently Hiring Est. $13.00 to $15.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Montgomery, TX 77356 Urgently Hiring