Has responsibility for the daily operation of an individual café. Operates in accordance with prescribed policies, practices and standard operating procedures. Ensures the compliance standards of hourly employees in regard to customer relations safety and sanitation and product preparation.
Food Safety and Planning
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of the kitchen, back of the house and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality food preparation and service.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
- Control food and beverage costs. Oversee portion controls and preparation quantities to minimize waste.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Leads the café team each shift to overcome areas of opportunity and maximize the cafés areas of strength.
- Ensure that all safety and security procedures are followed to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Maintain a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accident. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling and planning while upholding standards, product quality and overall café cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Keeps the General Manager promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedures expectations.
- Interview hourly employees. Providing supervision and development and when necessary, termination of employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback and establishing performance expectations.
- Must have ServSafe Certification or be willing to obtain Certification when hired
- General working knowledge of computers and software (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Proficient in the following areas of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, record keeping and preparation of reports.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, be eligible to work in the United States and consent to agree to criminal background check.
APPLY TODAY! APLICA YA!
Text JOINLM to “85000”