Similar available jobs
in Silver Spring, MD
Gig Washington, DC 20012 Start Earning
Instacart Delivery Driver - Flexible Hours
Est. $16.10 - $23.01 Gig Washington, DC 20012 Urgently Hiring Est. $16.10 - $23.01 Gig Washington, DC 20012 Start Earning
Driver Needed In Silver Spring
Est. $14.25 - $23.01 Full-time, Part-time Silver spring, MD 20915 Urgently Hiring Est. $16.10 - $23.01 Full-time, Part-time Washington, DC 20012 Gig Washington, DC 20012 Start Earning
Gig Washington, DC 20012 Start Earning Gig Silver spring, MD 20907 Start Earning Gig Silver spring, MD 20907 Start Earning
Mover & Driver – In-Kind Donations - Full-time / Part-time
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Starting Salary- $21.36/hr
After successful completion of driver training $22.97/hr
Are you a safe, skilled, and courteous driver seeking to make a positive impact on lives in our community? If your answer is yes, then A Wider Circle is the place for you. In this role, you will support our largest program offering essential services to our community.
A Wider Circle is a non-profit organization that approaches ending poverty in a holistic manner.
The Driver will support the in-kind donations program specifically including the daily pick-ups of in-kind donations, (furniture, housewares, and clothing) from across the region. The driver will have consistent interaction with clients while conducting in-home and curbside pick-ups.
Essential functions-primary responsibilities
- Drive a 17-foot box truck to pick up in-kind donations from donors both in-home and curbside across the greater metropolitan region.
- Drive to pick up bulk donations
- With assistance from a co-pilot, remove furniture and other in-kind donations from donors both in-home and curbside.
- Load and unload all In-Kind donations with care and attention
- Record donor demographic information.
- Provide tax receipts to donors.
- Ability to work in different climate conditions.
- Unload box truck of in-kind donations at designated locations.
- Value the people we work with as well as guests, volunteers, and all others who support our work.
- Seek to maintain a harmonious environment that lends itself to the safety, comfort, and personal growth of all who enter and work in our space.
- Celebrate the diversity of thought, ideas, and expression.
- Meet people and organizations where they are, with what they want and need.
- Build relationships through rapport, trust, and communication.
- Recognize that all who enter this space have their own pathway and story.
- Listen attentively, seek to understand, and assume positive intent.
- Practice compassion in all our interactions to ensure this is a safe and comfortable space for all.
Required Skills /Abilities
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Comprehension of safety policies and procedures.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to obtain a DOT medical clearance to drive a truck
- Adherence to all driving safety rules and procedures issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or Google Suite.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs. or more with assistance
Required education and experience
- One year of work or volunteer experience
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License and Clean Driving Record
- Experience working in the transport, moving, or hauling industry.
Preferred Education and experience
- Experience working with individuals and families living in poverty.
Additional eligibility requirements:
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The Driver will work outdoors in different climates and in a warehouse environment. When driving, travel is a small cab front seat with a passenger.
Capable of lifting 100 pounds or more with assistance. This job requires the ability to consistently lift arms high and bend knees often. Must be able to withstand a variety of changing weather conditions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Yes, DC, MD, VA
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
A Wider Circle is committed to having a team that is diverse and ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender (including gender identity or expression), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.