Job ID: 2203255 Location:
HERNDON , VA , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Bring on Tomorrow!
SAIC is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer, in Herndon, VA, with expertise in Windows and Linux knowledge to support multiple projects on an exciting ops focused program! Roles include participating with Customer PMs to establish strategic plans and objectives and make recommendations on project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational. The successful candidate is an independent, self-starter who wants to join a small infrastructure team supporting a fast paced mission. You will work side-by-side with the other team members comprised of world class Machine Learning Engineers, System Architects, Software Developers, Cloud Engineers, Cyber Engineers, and Multimedia Specialists to lead the customer in developing new technical solutions.
Job responsibilities include:
- Performing design and implementation of standalone network that require the integration of diverse and complex components;
- Defining operational requirements including integration with other systems or components,
- Researching and modeling the system architecture and configuration,
- Investigating alternatives, cost analysis and estimation, and decision analysis.
- Ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specification.
- Providing specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements (including floor layout, power cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
- Working on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions, which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Exercising independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Working with software developers, machine learning engineers, and multimedia specialists to understand all the user requirements of the different expertise
- TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph
- Minimum of 10 years of technical expertise , preferably in infrastructure engineering/Sys Admin supporting the Intelligence Community
- Proficient in Active Directory deployment and configuration, including integration with Linux systems
- Competent understanding of basic network concepts including basic configuration of network switches and firewall settings
- Competent in container orchestration tool (e.g., Kubernetes) to automate the management, monitoring, scaling, and deployment of containerized applications (e.g., Docker)
- Developing technical documentation using Visio
- Supporting A&A process and documentation
- Independently executing technical projects
- Willingness to work across the team to support adhoc mission requirements
- Independent thinker / Self-Starter
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see . - provided by Dice