The Cashier is responsible for making customers feel welcome. Accurately and efficiently takes orders and ensures proper handling of sales. Ensures the restaurant is clean and well stocked.
Essential duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Extend a warm and friendly greeting to all guests.
- Explain menu and answer product questions for all guests.
- Enter guest orders accurately into the POS system.
- Accepts payments from guest and makes change correctly.
- Operates the cash register and is responsible for cash receipts.
- Presents orders to guest, properly packaged and with all necessary accompaniment and utensils.
- Thanks all guest for their business.
- Stocking adequate supplies of paper goods, condiment, beverages, etc. for serving the guest.
- Prepping drinks and assisting in prepping items such as sauces, salads, produce, etc.
- Responsible for cleaning all guest areas.
- Informs management when any front-of-house equipment needs service or inventory is needed.
- Removes trash from waste receptacles.
- Responsible for answering telephone and taking orders over the telephone.
- Generates additional sales by suggesting additional menu items to the guest.
- Responsible for verifying register at the beginning of the shift.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain effective audio-visual perception needed for:
- Making observations
- Communicating with others
- Reading and writing
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Walking, standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Flexible hours with full time and part time availability
Posting ID: 71918918Posted: 2019-10-11