Grill Cooks, Dishwashers & Expeditors!
| Estimated Pay
|$14 per hour
| 1403 Main Chapel Way #111
Compare PayEstimated Pay
About this job
We are NOW HIRING for our Nando's team! Full-time and part-time hours are available! We offer a fun and rewarding job with a great supportive atmosphere. Whether you're looking to start your restaurant career or need to earn a few bucks - apply today!
PERKS + BENEFITS:
- Competitive base wage plus average of $2-$3 in tips per hour worked
- FREE meal while on shift
- FREE telehealth medical and mental benefits for you and your family
- Earn PTO after 1 year and Sick & Safe leave immediately
- 401k plan
- Opportunities for advancement through internal development program
Dishwashers are key in providing the Nando’s experience by making certain that our food and beverages reach our customers on sparkling china and glass. Our Cleaners clean and sanitize all dishes, glassware, utensils, pots and are responsible for maintaining organization and cleanliness of dish room, dish machine and storage areas. Cleaners are team players that also assist with cleaning other areas of the restaurant, putting away orders cooking chicken and basic food preparation as requested. Cleaners work with our team to exceed our guests’ expectations and to provide them with the Nando’s experience.
The expeditor is the link between our kitchen and the customer. Expeditors ensure orders are prepared in a timely matter, meet Nando’s standards and reach the right customer. Expeditors also prepare and package take-out orders and are the final interaction with this important customer base. Expeditors must be organized and efficient while remaining professional, polite, and reliable. Our expeditors are quick and efficient while warm and gracious guides to our restaurants. Expeditors work with our team to exceed our guests’ expectations and to provide them with the Nando’s experience.
Grillers take full ownership for the daily preparation and execution of food items in their station and provide an exceptional Nando’s experience by efficiently and consistently producing the highest quality chicken and other menu items. Grillers follow recipes, procedures and presentation standards consistently to ensure the best possible product is produced and executed. Grillers are team players that assist one another and work with the service team to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Prep Cook/Line Cook:
Nando’s Prep Cooks enable our restaurants to produce high quality items in a timely manner by keeping ingredients ready for service. A prep cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items as assigned by the management team. Prep cooks ensure we use the freshest ingredients, follow sanitation guidelines and prep recipes to standard to maintain product consistency.
Minimum requirements and expectations:
- Ability to take direction and to work in a team environment
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
- Knowledge and comprehension of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures
- Basic English language and professional communication skills are required
- Able to independently lift to 15lbs for an extended period
- Ability to stand, walk and climb stairs with food items and dishes throughout your shift
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for 8-10 hours per day
- Hand-eye coordination
- Reaching, bending twisting, stooping
- Pushing and Pulling
- Lifting overhead
- Must be able to climb stairs in restaurants that have multiple levels
Nando's North America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.