This is the job description for RESTAURANT MANAGER
Job Title: Dining Room Manager
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: AGM/Food and Beverage Director
Supervises: Dining Room Supervisor
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To manage the restaurant's operation, maintaining established cost and quality standards so as to ensure superior service and maximize profits.
1. Develop short term and long term financial and operational plans for the restaurant which support the overall
objectives of the company.
2. Prepare the annual budget.
3. Monitor the performance of the restaurant through verification and analysis of customer satisfaction systems
and financial reports. Initiate corrective action.
4. Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating
complaints. Initiate corrective action.
5. Implement and maintain sales/marketing programs.
6. Establish and maintain a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and
development, wage/benefit administration and compliance with established labor regulations.
7. Establish and maintain applicable preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the
8. Maintain a security function which protects both the assets of the restaurant and the personal safety of
employees and customers.
9. Implement and maintain effective two-way communication systems which reach all employees.
10. Develop new programs which result in an increased level of customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Read and interpret business records and statistical reports, and make business decisions based on production
reports and similar facts, as well as experience and opinion.
2. Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
3. Analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
4. Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education Bachelor's degree in Management, Business or related field.
Experience 2 years dining room supervisor experience, 1 year cashier experience, 2 years waiter exp., 1 year direct sales or retail trade exp.; OR, equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses/Certifications None required
Posting ID: 72054278Posted: 2019-10-11