This is the job description for DHR
Job Title: Director of Human Resources
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: General Manager
Supervises: N/A or HR Administrative Assistant
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To manage Human Resources department and assist in administration of human resources policies, procedures, and practices. Function as central contact for information specific to human resources and facilitating or administering maintenance or implementation of the systems to ensure associates are treated with dignity, fairly, and consistently.
1. Develop, coordinate and conduct orientation for all new associates.
2. Maintain training records and facilitate, develop and/or conduct training sessions that provide
initial and ongoing training by working with the management team to ensure department and
individual training is provided.
3. Understand and use the concepts and legal guidelines that guide an employer to ensure all
persons, (candidates or associates) are treated ethically, morally, and within the requirements
of the law. Knowledge and practice of FLSA, FMLA, ADA, EEO, OSHA, COBRA, etc., and an
understanding of how state laws differ from federal laws.
4. Aid in scheduling/coordinating (and participate as necessary) each department's meeting
procedures by establishing practices and implementing decision making tools to improve the
effectiveness of each department's meetings.
5. Maintain personnel files with current compensation, benefit, performance, and mandated
information, etc. Provide information to authorized persons, and update files to document
personnel actions and provide payroll information.
6. Act as key recruitment contact, developing community relationships. Coordinate interview
process, process applications, manage pre-employment drug screening & assessment tools,
and correlate job offer process. Work with mgmt. to improve retention. If union property,
manage Collective Bargaining Agreement &Grievance process.
7. Orient associates and maintains records for use in employee benefits administration and
conducts meetings with associates as necessary to ensure all eligible associates are familiar
with their benefit package. Enroll associates in the applicable benefit plans, process monthly
billings, audit files and enrollment to ensure coverage is correct.
8. Act as the contact for any associates who need to report a Workers Compensation Injury.
Coordinate facility efforts to ensure injured associates receive prompt medical attention. As
necessary, maintain OSHA log in accordance with the act, correlate and communicate incident
trends, and participate in safety team meetings.
9. Oversee payroll processing. Process payroll information such as employment data, hours
worked, rates of pay, benefit deductions, and all withholdings necessary to accurately process
payroll must be input on a timely basis.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, and payroll database
2. Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management or similar field of study
Experience Minimum 2-year HR experience. Experience with FLSA, Title VII issues, and payroll administration.
Posting ID: 72054279Posted: 2019-10-11