Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail and we are looking for outstanding associates to take us into the future. We provide our customers an easy, fun, and friendly shopping experience, both in our stores and online. This requires a talented team in our Distribution Centers to get the products quickly and efficiently to our stores and customers. We are seeking an exceptional leader who will drive operational effectiveness through a high-performing and inclusive environment.
As a $60B+ company with 2,200+ stores, 22 distribution centers, and 20 food and beverage plants, we are one of the largest retailers in the United States. We reach over 34 million customers across our 20 well-known grocery brands. Across the nation, we are transforming the grocery industry through innovation and building a world-class supply chain. What does a Machine Operator – Relief do?
Provide scheduled vacation, sick, floating holiday, etc. coverage to employees at the plant. This involves operating different pieces of equipment week to week on either first or second shift. Work in other assigned jobs when relief coverage is not needed.Qualifications
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred, but not required.
- Attention to detail in the following order: Safety, Quality, and Efficiency.
- Follow all safe work practices and adhere to plant "Good Manufacturing Practices."
- Willingness to actively participate in all team meetings, work activities, and process-improvement initiatives.
- Experience operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting production equipment to ensure production of a quality product in compliance with Company, Federal and State guidelines.
- Familiar with product testing procedures for QA samples from the line.
- Some experience with basic sanitation tasks required for production equipment. Training provided for specific pieces of equipment.
- Working in a production environment – may be hot or cold depending on the time of year and location of equipment in the plant.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, ascending/descending stairs and ladders.
- Apply basic mechanical and troubleshooting methodology to the process.
- Use basic math skills and reasoning ability in work environment.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. various times during the shift.
- Willingness to follow Standard Operating Procedures and Supervisor Instructions.
- Be comfortable making minor adjustments to production equipment.
- Accurately document process results, equipment downtime, and work orders using written and digital tools.
- Must qualify for forklift and/or pallet jack certification.
The hourly rate for this position ranges from $24.93 to $27.93 per hour; starting rate will vary based on circumstances, including experience, qualifications, location and the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreement. Dependent on length of service and hours worked, benefits include, healthcare, sick pay, PTO/Vacation pay and retirement benefits (pension and/or 401k eligibility).
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER