As a Host –Being great with people is a must. Seating the guest, answering phones, running food, and being able to work well as team are important functions as a host.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work in a team environment
- High School degree or equivalent preferred
- No experience required
- Responsible for greeting Guests in a friendly manner and escorting Guests to tables.
- Identifies the needs of the Guest and makes a customized connection.
- Exhibits an outgoing personality that promotes a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with Guests, handle crowds and put Guests at ease.
- Monitors sorting and workflow of the restaurant and seats Guests accordingly.
- Manages large parties; explaining seating options, wait time and escalating Guest concerns.
- Opens and closes sections with the increase or decrease in the volume of Guests.
- Rearranges chairs and tables if necessary and retrieves high chairs when needed..
- Helps maintain the dining area; assists servers with clearing and resetting tables and takes dishes to the kitchen area.
- Must practice safe food and beverage handling and cleanliness at all times.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with co-workers in high-stress time effectively.
- Maintains a high degree of pace and intensity for an extended period of time
- Able to adhere to the schedule and be on time for shifts, training, and required meetings.
- Operate and participate effectively in a team environment.
- Lifting- up to 10lbs constantly, up to 25lbs frequently, up to 50lbs occasionally.
- Lifting from floor to shoulder occasionally and overhead infrequently.
- Exposed to cleaning chemicals.
- Color and depth perception required for vision. Needs both near and far vision.
- Twists and reaches constantly.
- Grasps objects to move or manipulate them constantly.
- Stands and walks constantly inside and outside the restaurant
- Listen to and comprehends instructions from Guests and coworkers over background restaurant and equipment noise constantly.
- Frequent hand washing required.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must adhere to company uniform and appearance policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY:
- Has strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant. Relies on experience and judgment to make effective decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Exhibits teamwork at all times.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle cash accurately.
- I-pad, computer/POS (point of sale), desk supplies, telephone, bus tub, trays, tables, chairs, high chairs, coffee maker, garbage cans, glass rack, dish machine, ice buckets, food product.
Posting ID: 72133191Posted: 2019-10-14