Horizon Boynton Beach, FL - H803; 3618 Quantam Blvd, Building 2, Boynton Beach, FL 33426 The Job
The Equipment Service Technician
utilizes deep technical skills with Outdoor Power Equipment to help our customers maintain the machines that are critical to completing their landscape jobs. They provide trusted assembly and repair of lawn mowers and other landscape equipment, demonstrate exceptional service and proactive communication, and radiate a positive attitude. The Company
Horizon Distributors, Inc. (Horizon) is a wholly owned subsidiary of POOLCORP – the world's largest publicly traded distributor of swimming pool, landscaping and outdoor living products – which employs over 5,000 team members in more than 395 sales centers worldwide.
Horizon operates 70 of those sales centers across the US, and is a leading distributor of landscape and irrigation products with a focus on serving the needs of professional landscape contractors. With more than 60 years of industry experience, Horizon prides itself in offering the convenience and buying power of a national company with the personalized service and attention to detail of a local store! Why Horizon?
At Horizon, our people ARE
our priority and there are so many reasons to join our team! Here's a few…Safety:
Across the POOLCORP network, Safety is our #1 priority. That said, all Horizon Service Centers are equipped with lifts and PPE to protect you from preventable injury.Excellent Benefits:
Our generous benefit package
includes: group medical, prescription, dental, vision and life insurance; 401(k) – offered currently with a company match; an employee stock purchase program; seasonal sales and rewards programs; an Employee Assistance Program, exclusive vendor discounts offered to POOLCORP / Horizon employees and more.Winning Team:
Our history of success is the result of our winning team. At Horizon, you will work with some of the best and brightest, in a stable environment, with predictable work hours and the ability to earn even more through overtime, and continuous rewards when targets are met…which is often the case. Join us and you'll join a "winning team." Career Opportunities:
Looking for a career – not just a job? Then we may be the place for you! We have both the career opportunities and training needed as you grow. We offer continuous learning – locally in sales center training sessions, virtually in our online learning center, in the classroom at our training facility in Dallas, TX, and through tuition reimbursement. At Horizon, the sky is the limit.
So, whether you are new to the business or are a seasoned professional, Horizon has a place for you. Responsibilities:
- Identifies problems with fractional horsepower gasoline engines used to power lawnmowers, garden tractors and similar machines, and resolves them in a timely manner.
- Locates causes of trouble, dismantles parts, examines for defects; then cleans, adjusts, replaces or repairs as needed and authorized by the customer.
- Communicates daily with Parts Customer Service Representative and/or Sales Center Manager regarding diagnosis, recommended courses of action, and repair status.
- Treats company-issued tools and customer equipment with utmost care.
- Observes safety and security procedures according to OSHA.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of mechanic technical/trade school; or 1 year of mechanic experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willingness and ability to acquire OPE industry certifications and maintain manufacturers' annual updates.
- Own a set of basic tools for general repair of engines and/or power equipment.
- Maintains composure in a fast-paced environment focused on serving business owners with urgent needs.
- Investigative nature; troubleshoots with persistence and thinks critically to identify solutions to problems.
- A cooperative, dependable team player.
- Keen awareness of how actions behind-the-scenes can impact customer service.
- Aptitude to learn ever-evolving computer systems, programs, handheld technology and processes.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to multitask between repairs and commit to overtime when necessary to meet deadlines.
- Physical dexterity, coordination and steadiness.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Experience across small engines (two-cycle, four-cycle, light diesel), as well as electrical and hydraulic units, is helpful.
- EETC certifications
Visit our website, horizononline.com, for more information! Horizon Distributors, Inc./POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org