This is the job description for GENERAL MANAGER
Job Title: General Manager
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Regional Vice President
Supervises: AGM - F&B, AGM - Rooms, Admin Assistant, H/R Payroll Administrator, Head Bookkeeper, Front Office Manager, Chief Engineer, Executive Housekeeper, Director of Sales.
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To manage a hotel's operation and maintain established cost and quality standards in order to ensure superior service and maximize profits.
1. Develop short term and long term financial and operational plans for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the company. Prepare the annual hotel budget.
2. Monitor the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and monthly financial reports. Initiate corrective action.
3. Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiate corrective action.
4. Implement and maintain local and national sales/marketing programs.
5. Establish and maintain a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage/benefit administration and compliance with established labor regulations.
6. Establish and maintain applicable preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel.
7. Maintain a security function to protect the assets of the hotel and the personal safety of employees and guests.
8. Implement/maintain two-way communication systems that cross departmental lines to reach all employees.
9. Develop new programs which result in an increased level of guest satisfaction and operational excellence.
10. Manage in compliance with established company policies and procedures and local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
11. Reward employees who meet or exceed guest expectations.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s).
2. Ability to exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
3. Ability to use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
4. Ability to successfully interact with all levels of customers and hotel management.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education Bachelors degree in Hotel Management or Business Administration/Management.
Experience Minimum 5 years experience as a GM. 5 years hotel operations experience in a supervisory capacity. 2 years experience in direct sales or retail trade; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses/Certifications Possess a valid driver's license and be able to drive to customer appointments.
Posting ID: 72289037Posted: 2019-10-11