This is the job description for FRONT OFFICE/OPS MGR (Salaried)
Job Title: Guest Services Manager/Operations Manager
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: General Manager
Supervises: Reservations, Guest Services Representative, PBX Operator, Bell Staff, Concierge, Night Audit.
Job Purpose: To maintain a high quality of services offered to guests through management of the functional areas of reservations, guest registration, bell services, telephone services and guest accounting so as to maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of the hotel. Concierge and garage services may also report to this position.
1. Supervise Front Desk staff: hiring, firing, performance evaluations, training, and development.
Schedule staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
2. Maintain standards of guest service quality. Contribute to the profitability and guest
satisfaction perception of other hotel departments. Increase level of guest satisfaction by
delivery of an improved product through employee development, job engineering and quality
3. Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximizes profitability related to the guest
4. Develop short term and long term financial and operational plans for the guest service
department which relate to the overall objectives of the hotel. Participate in the preparation
of the annual hotel budget.
5. Manage the reservation function to maintain highest possible room occupancy and average
daily rate through suggestive selling by employees.
6. Maintain procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions, security of
monies, guest security and emergency procedures.
7. Receive departmental related guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken.
8. Ensure staff uses guest interaction skills. Reward employees who meet/exceed guest
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Analyze and interpret business records and statistical reports; interpret policies established by
2. Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
3. Understand the government regulations covering business operations.
4. Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts, experience, and
5. Plan and organize the work of others.
6. Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Education Bachelor's Degree in Management, Hotel Administration, Business or related field.
Experience Minimum 1 year experience on night audit, 2 years experience in front desk operations, and 1 year experience in either direct sales or retail trade; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Posting ID: 72369068Posted: 2019-10-11