Since its 1989 inception, Preferred Hospitality, Inc. (Management Company for Provider Contract Food Service and Market Broiler Restaurants) has had the advantage of living, learning, and leading in the competitive food service arena. Specializing in providing exciting concepts, systems, food offerings and efficient, well-trained staff - PROVIDER addresses any challenges facing an organization with on-site food service capabilities.
We are looking for a food & hospitality focused Catering Chef Manager with a passion for quality food service and a desire to participate in our vision to create a world class, nationally recognized collegiate dining program. The individual should possess the ability to execute our vision of excellence and to build and motivate a team for achieving this vision.
The Catering Chef Manager helps create and lead our culinary program that emphasizes quality, excellence, and service through effective leadership of back-of-the-house operations. The Chef Catering Manager collaborates with the management team in coordinating and synchronizing operations and services to achieve the vision and goals of Dining Services.
Catering Chef Manager reports to the Assistant Director of Culinary.
• Plan, organize and lead the food production and execution for all food items served in Catering during your shift.
• Verify all items needed to produce the current days and following days events is on hand and available.
• Verify all plateware, serviceware, transport equipment is clean and ready
• Update Catering Prep List at the beginning of your shift to prioritize items needed.
• Meet with Catering Director or Supervisor to review current day plan.
• Prepare and review timeline for all catering events.
• Communicate timeline to team members and monitor.
• Organize, direct and monitor the work of the culinary staff working during your shift to ensure food quality and timeliness.
• Review the Special Diet Menu information, verify correctness and inform team.
• Package all food for transport time listed on req
• Ensure all product is prepped and ready for service
• Give service instructions to staff
• Prepare sample plate with team members
• Monitor food quality, temperature and plating of all catering food.
• Problem solve any issues that may arise in the kitchen and seize control of a situation at a moment's notice.
• Monitor hygiene, food & knife safety standards in all stages of food preparation and take corrective action if needed.
• Monitor and verify that hot, cold and cooling temperatures are being taken and recorded.
• Make sure that all equipment is in good working condition and place a work order if repair is needed.
• Make sure all food is returned to kitchen and safely cooled and stored.
• Place any orders due during your shift
• Communicate to next Chef MOD status of prep, production, staffing.
• Associate's Degree or related certificate in Culinary Arts or related field,
• 5 years of progressively responsible experience working in a large commercial kitchen setting producing high quality food
• OR any combination of education and experience which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Supervisory experience performing such duties as hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluating employees and building teams.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite software such as Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook or similar software.
• Experience with menu development, food ordering, and understanding and applying nutritional standards.
• Possession or ability to obtain Riverside County Food Handler's permit within 30 days of initial hire date.
• Possession or ability to obtain SERVSAFE Certification within 3 months of initial hire date.
We are an E-Verify Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Posting ID: 72422249Posted: 2019-10-20