Team Leader, Prepared Foods - Hiring Immediately
Est. $30.33 - $67.98
27264 Lorain Road, North Olmsted, Oh 44070, United
North Olmsted, OH 44070
Job SummaryOur Prepared Food Team Leaders are honest, engaging, respectful, authentic and display a curiosity for food. This role is designed to inspire our Team Members and customers to discover the pleasure of food. Our Prepared Foods Team Leader manages the Prepared Foods Team at both locations and keeps them running like well-oiled machines. You'll be the one who Team Members and guests look to for guidance on creating a great meal from start to finish and learning the ins and outs of what's new in the case! Leaders are accountable for the operating performance of the department at all times. Be a Leader by representing the organization in a professional manner. Promote and develop individuals with mutual respect, inclusion, diversity and dignity. Coach Team Members on a regular basis with timely feedback — identify opportunities for development and coach for success.
- Experience Required: Retail work experience or Store Leader recommendation
- Experience Desired: Retail leadership or supervisory experience; Successful performance as a Peer Trainer, in-store champion, or other similar role; Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department; Satisfactory performance and discipline record
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one or some combination of the following tasks:
1. interview, select and train Team Members;
2. direct the work of Team Members;
3. appraise Team Members’ productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status;
4. handle Team Member issues including, but not limited to complaints;
5. discipline Team Members;
6. plan the work;
7. distribute or assign the work among Team Members;
8. provide for the safety and security of Team Members or the store;
9. manage the budget for your department or location;
10. manage inventory for your department or location; or
11. monitor or implement compliance measures
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided to department Team Members to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control labor costs.
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team by focusing on respect and by setting an exemplary example.
- Identify strengths and opportunities of the team and think strategically when making moves and scheduling.
- Develop future leaders, identify Team Members who are poised to rise through the ranks and remember our people are our best asset!
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, giving each Team Member a voice.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work: for Team Members, for guests and for products.
- Inspire the team and our guests with a passion for food and a willingness to go the extra mile to provide the best product.
- Set and reach aggressive sales and profit goals by making suggestions when appropriate, while also managing shrink.
- Establish an ongoing communication plan with the team, ensuring that all Team Members are informed and prepared to put their best food forward!
- Communicate with the merchandising team to ensure that promotions are properly communicated to Team Members and guests.
- Make innovative plans and suggestions to improve our business.
- Review and analyze financial, LOB reports, and historical reports to improve performance in sales, profits, shrink, labor controls, and reduction.
- Oversee period inventories for accuracy and monitor weekly fluctuations in inventory and shrink dollars.
About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Est. $30.33 - $67.98 Full-time, Part-time Fairview park, OH 44126 Urgently Hiring Est. $17.09 - $32.39 Full-time, Part-time Fairview Park, OH 44126 Est. $13.03 - $24.60 Full-time, Part-time North Olmsted, OH 44070 Est. $13.09 - $18.36 Full-time, Part-time North Olmsted, OH 44070 Est. $10.68 - $14.69 Full-time, Part-time Olmsted Falls, OH 44138 $13.90 - $16.75 / hour Full-time, Part-time Fairview Park, OH 44126 Est. $13.09 - $18.36 Full-time, Part-time NORTH OLMSTED, OH 44070 Est. $13.09 - $18.36 Full-time, Part-time Fairview park, OH 44126 Est. $37.25 - $65.43 Full-time, Part-time Fairview park, OH 44126 Full-time, Part-time Avon Lake, OH 44012 Full-time, Part-time North Ridgeville, OH 44035 $12.00-$15.00 Full-time, Part-time Brunswick, OH 44212 Est. $14.75 - $30.50 Full-time, Teen Amherst, OH 44001 Full-time, Part-time Brunswick, OH 44212 Full-time, Part-time Oberlin, OH 44074 Full-time, Part-time Elyria, OH 44035 Full-time, Part-time Elyria, OH 44035 Full-time, Part-time Lorain, OH 44053
Nearby Job TitlesTruck Driver Jobs Registered Nurse Jobs Radiologic Technologist Jobs Driver Jobs Retail Supervisor Jobs
Nearby LocationsCleveland, OH Jobs Strongsville, OH Jobs Elyria, OH Jobs Lorain, OH Jobs Ohio Jobs
Nearby CompaniesCase Western Reserve University Jobs Amazon Jobs Franchise Career Advisor Jobs Care.com Jobs TotalMed Jobs
Nearby CategoriesFull-time Jobs Part-time Jobs Teen Jobs
Posting ID: 724406414 Posted: 2022-10-01 Job Title: Team Leader