Full-time, Part-time Columbus, MS 39701
House Keeping Public
101 Hospital Road Ext
Columbus, MS 39701
House Keeping Public
Keeps all lobbies and public facilities (such as lobby restrooms, telephone area, the front desk, and offices) in a neat and clean condition. Public area attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans rooms, hallways and restrooms.
- Cleans and maintains restaurants and banquet halls.
- Sweeps carpets.
- Empties ashtrays and urns.
- Polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Vacuums and polishes elevators.
- Keeps the front of the hotel free from trash.
- Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and shampoo machine.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors.
- Dust and polishes metal work.
- Collects solid linen supplies in floor linen closets.
- Maintains housekeeping carts.
- Removes trash collected by room attendants.
- To perform daily assigned tasks in toilets, lifts, back areas, terrace, etc.
- To clean and maintain all equipment daily.
- To follow up a special cleaning schedule given by the housekeeping control desk.
- To comply with Lost and Found Policy of the Hotel.
- To assist Guest in Public Areas when required.
- To have good knowledge of all hotel facilities, hours of operation, Restaurants, shops and function rooms.
- Responsible to maintain inventory in the Housekeeping closets.
- Post caution signs as and when required.
- Responsible to follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for upkeep of all the equipment which he is using i.e., Vacuum cleaner, trolleys, Scrubbing machine.
- Responsible for maintaining a time schedule for cleaning of their areas.
- Responsible for spring cleaning of their area as per the schedule is given to them.
- Authorised to enter into offices for maintenance or other activities like pest control, shampooing of carpet etc.
Physical mobility and stamina required, Ability to follow instruction, Detail-oriented, Professional attitude is required, Ability to work independently.