The ideal candidate has a passion for hospitality and providing exceptional guest service.
- Greet and acknowledge all arriving guests in a prompt and professional manner. Engage and interact with guests as appropriate. Respond to all guests’ questions and requests.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of the food and beverage menu.
- Serve food and beverage orders after checking for the correct temperature, appearance, and portions. Refill when necessary.
- Operate POS system and ensure food orders are verified and transmitted in a prompt manner. Adhere to all cash handling and credit card policies and procedures.
- Periodically check-in with tables to ensure guests’ expectations are being met and exceeded.
- Maintain proper condition and cleanliness of dining areas, stations, and servicing equipment.
- Complete all closing duties and reports as assigned.
- Adhere to established safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Adhere to uniform and grooming standards.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Majority of work takes place indoors.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures - i.e. kitchens, freezers.
- Physical Demands
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and reaching.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
Expected Hours of Work
- Must be flexible to work variable days of the week to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be flexible to work variable shifts (mornings, days and nights).
- Ten to twelve-hour shifts sometimes required.
Education and Experience
- Two years of experience as a server in a full-service restaurant preferred - preferably in a fine dining establishment.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred
- Attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work quickly without compromising quality.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for an entire shift.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Food handlers and TIPS certificates required.
- Previous front-facing guest service experience required.
- Must read, write and speak the English language fluently.
- Experience with computerized cash registers preferred.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts, Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.