Staples Connect is focused on our customer and our community, while empowering you to learn, grow and deliver. As a General Manager, you will be collaborative and inclusive in helping our customers while leading a fun, team-oriented retail culture. You’ll make a visible impact as a retail leader and business professional in driving your stores community relationships, merchandise sales, technical services portfolio, print & marketing services, and business-to-business network.
Get great perks.
- Two bonus plans, flexible full-time hours/shifts, weekly pay, and generous paid time off
- Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Staples reserves the right to pay more or less.
- Full medical benefits package, 401(k) with company match, and many more benefits
- Associate store discount and more perks (discounts on mobile plans and other retailers, etc.)
Provide strong leadership in community, customer service, sales, and team development.
- Ensure that the store culture embodies Staples values and its commitment to the community
- Develop a consultative and customer centric environment for the small business customer
- Empower your team to learn, grow and deliver through teaching, coaching and inspiring
- Lead merchandise sales, print & marketing services and retail operations
- Drive profitable sales and margin while reducing variability and improving performance YoY
- Hold yourself and your team accountable for flawless execution of operational excellence
- Coach every manager and supervisor to create a culture of consultative selling and total solutions
- Overall leadership of running a store; additional responsibilities as needed or assigned
Essential skills andexperience:
- 1+ year progressively responsible store management experience in a retail environment as a General/Store Manager
- Store Operations experience with analysis, planning, financial acumen and driving results
- Experience creating a customer centric environment and working in a consultative selling environment that provides customers a total solution
- Experience developing a team in operational excellence to drive profitable YOY sales and margins
- Ability to lift/move materials in the 10-50 pound range, climb ladders, stand and walk continuously
- Staples does not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
Preferred skills andexperience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Ability to engage with the community and network & support small business customers
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.