Our mission at Zaxby’s is to consistently create encore experiences that enrich lives, one person at a time.
We do that by:
- Being Guest Focused – from the design of our dining room to developing menu items, we keep our guests in the center of everything we do.
- Developing a Competent Caring Team – we realize our people are our greatest asset. We strive to attract the best because as they grow, we grow.
- Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement – we hold ourselves to the highest standards and we are never satisfied with the status quo.
We are a locally-owned, family-run, franchisee currently looking for:
Cashiers / Front of House Team Members
This position reports to the Assistant Manager, Assistant General Manager, and General Manager.
Cashiers are the first point of contact for our guests and are directly responsible for delivering a great experience. You will take and enter orders, handle payments, keep the dining room and other guest areas clean, and provide excellent service to our guests by following standard operating procedures with a sense of urgency.
Essential Job Functions
The information provided below encompasses the functions and values associated with this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the following work-related activities:
- Complete all training requirements including:
- Zaxby’s Learning Center Learning Plan
- Hands-on stations training
- Any additional training required by Zaxby's
- Provide friendly, enthusiastic service for all guests
- Promptly greet guests as they enter and thank them as they leave
- Maintain awareness of current promotions
- Explain menu items, answer questions, and suggest additional items
- Enthusiatically represent the Zaxby’s brand
- Accurately complete orders and guest transactions
- Enter guest orders accurately into the point of sale system
- Accept payments, operate cash registers, and maintain receipts
- Handle cash payments, count and verify tills, and record totals appropriately
- Maintain a clean, safe, welcoming environment
- Clean and maintain guest areas including dining room, counters, bathrooms, and building exterior
- Maintain equipment and inform management of maintenance needs
- Stock paper goods, condiments, serveware, and beverages
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Prepare menu items according to company standards and in a safe and sanitary manner
- Prepare beverages, sauces, produce, and other items
- Ensure food and beverages are handled according to safety regulations and guidelines
- Accurately complete, package, and present guest orders
- Assist with kitchen and back of house tasks as assigned
- Other responsibilities
- Complete all tasks with a sense of urgency, in a timely manner
- Work safely and follow all safety guidelines and procedures
- Other duties as assigneds
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for this position.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
The following capabilities are required to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue hardship on the company will be considered.
- Sit, stand, and walk continously
- Occasionally stoop, bend, crouch, or climb, including the use of ladders
- Frequently lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, including lifting overhead
- Continuous use of hands and wrists for grasping and fine manipulation
- Communicate proficiently through speech, reading, and writing
- Maintain effective audio-visual perception and judgement to observe and respond to the environment
- Work in an environment that features hot and cold temperature variations and exposure to food allergens
- Operate and work safely with restaurant equipment including, but not limited to, knives, fryers, and potentially hazardous equipment
Zaxby’s was started by childhood friends Zach McLeroy and Tony Townley in 1990 in the college town of Statesboro, Georgia. Their goal was to provide a fun and relaxing atmosphere that would keep Guests coming back for more. An alternative to fast food, Zaxby’s offers fresh, prepared-at-order chicken fingers, wings, sandwiches and salads. The fast-casual restaurant - based in Athens, Georgia - has boomed to more than 900 units in 20 states across the Southeast & Midwest and continues to grow throughout the country.
As a licensee of Zaxby’s Franchise, LLC, we strive to exhibit those original values. This job is offered by Zax of Mechanicsville, LLC. If hired the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs for their Team.
Posting ID: 72538745Posted: 2019-10-17