Our mission at Zaxby’s is to consistently create encore experiences that enrich lives, one person at a time.
We do that by:
- Being Guest Focused – from the design of our dining room to developing menu items, we keep our guests in the center of everything we do.
- Developing a Competent Caring Team – we realize our people are our greatest asset. We strive to attract the best because as they grow, we grow.
- Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement – we hold ourselves to the highest standards and we are never satisfied with the status quo.
We are a locally-owned, family-run, franchisee currently looking for:
Cooks / Back of House Team Members
This position reports to the Assistant Manager, Assistant General Manager, and General Manager.
Cooks are directly responsible for creating a great guest experience by consistently serving quality food in a timely manner. You will receive and stock inventory, prepare, cook and assemble orders, keep the kitchen clean and organized, and maintain food safety and quality standards by following standard operating procedures.
Essential Job Functions
The information provided below encompasses the functions and values associated with this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the following work-related activities:
- Complete all training requirements including:
- Zaxby’s Learning Center Learning Plan
- Hands-on stations training
- Any additional training required
- Provide friendly, enthusiastic service for all guests
- Maintain awareness of current promotions
- Enthusiastically represent the Zaxby’s brand
- Assist with guest service and front of house operations
- Prepare menu items according to company standards and in a safe and sanitary manner
- Ensure food and beverages are handled according to safety regulations and guidelines
- Safely operate food preparation and cooking equipment
- Maintain product levels in assigned stations in order to be prepared for immediate needs
- Prepare and cook food items according to company standards
- Accurately assemble and package guest orders
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Maintain equipment and inform management of maintenance needs
- Assist with inventory and storage management
- Receive and stock incoming inventory deliveries
- Hold and store food items following food safety guidelines
- Inform management when inventory is needed
- Clean and organize storage areas
- Other responsibilities
- Complete all tasks with a sense of urgency, in a timely manner
- Work safely and follow all safety guidelines and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
The following capabilities are required to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue hardship on the company will be considered.
- Sit, stand and walk continously
- Occasionally stoop, bend, crouch or climb, including the use of ladders
- Frequently lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds, including lifting overhead
- Continuous use of hands and wrists for grasping and fine manipulation
- Communicate proficiently through speech, reading and writing
- Maintain effective audio-visual perception and judgement to observe and respond to the environment
- Work in an environment that features hot and cold temperature variations and exposure to food allergens
- Operate and work safely with restaurant equipment including, but not limited to, knives, fryers and potentially hazardous equipment
Zaxby’s was started by childhood friends Zach McLeroy and Tony Townley in 1990 in the college town of Statesboro, Georgia. Their goal was to provide a fun and relaxing atmosphere that would keep Guests coming back for more. An alternative to fast food, Zaxby’s offers fresh, prepared-at-order chicken fingers, wings, sandwiches and salads. The fast-casual restaurant - based in Athens, Georgia - has boomed to more than 900 units in 20 states across the Southeast & Midwest and continues to grow throughout the country.
As a licensee of Zaxby’s Franchise, LLC, we strive to exhibit those original values. This job is offered by Zax of Mechanicsville, LLC. If hired the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs for their Team.
Posting ID: 72538746Posted: 2019-10-14