The Midstream Supply Manager reports to the Director of Fuel Supply. The position is responsible for the company's midstream inventory. The incumbent will execute through predefined processes to procure, transport, and manage bulk fuel and additives. Fikes Terminals is a growth entity and therefore this role will study markets to expand midstream activities.
• Forecast and plan bulk purchases to maintain optimal inventory levels.
• Identify and execute buying strategies to reduce cost-of-goods.
• Manage transport logistics utilizing pipeline nominations, truck & other forms of shipping.
• Audit supplier & transport invoices in accordance with departmental processes.
• Publish scheduled reports covering all physical positions held.
• Identify growth opportunities to expand midstream activities and present to the Director.
• Data entry
• Performs project work, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4+ years' experience in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment; must be able to multi-task and prioritize; have a working knowledge of Refined Fuels market; be able to perform detail-oriented work in an efficient and well-organized manner; must be able to stay calm and level-headed to think through issues as they arise; possess intermediate skills in MS Office; and, be extremely flexible including working weekends, as required.
Experience in inventory management and transportation. Experience in wholesale pricing including rack marketing & contract pricing mechanics. Wholesale fuels industry knowledge and professional network including relationships with product & transport suppliers, index price providers, and misc. industry professionals. Maintain a good understanding of Fike's operating geography, have proven experience with strategic decision making, and possess the ability to learn new systems easily.
The Fikes Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting ID: 72620126Posted: 2019-10-23