The Cosmos Club, founded in 1878, is a private social club for men and women distinguished in science, literature and the arts or public service. Members come from virtually every profession that has anything to do with scholarship, creative genius or intellectual distinction.
The house person is responsible for keeping the Club's facilities clean. They are also responsible for the set-up and breakdown of event tables, chairs and other furniture used.
- Dusts rooms and furniture
- Cleans restrooms
- Restocks restroom supplies
- Vacuums carpets and mops floors throughout the club including dining areas
- Sweeps patio area and dusts patio furniture
- Empties all wastebaskets and ashtrays
- Disinfects telephones
- Buffs floors
- Cleans and polishes brass
- Washes inside and outside of windows
- Shampoos carpets
- Reports any damage, burned-out light bulbs and plumbing problems to the maintenance or housekeeping departments
- Takes trash to dumpster
- Polishes glass, table surfaces, counters, shelves, desks, office equipment and door handles
- Moves furniture
- Cleans locker room areas
- Cleans walls throughout clubhouse as necessary
- Maintains outside of clubhouse building (cleans walkways, patios and entrances)
- Cleans exterior of HVAC vents
- Conducts deep-cleaning projects
- Assists with tables, chairs and other furniture needed for special events
- Dusts exercise equipment
- Cleans employee locker rooms
- Cleans cigarette containers at entrances
- Vacuums elevators; cleans stairwells and landings; dusts ceiling light fixtures; does spot cleaning as necessary; checks drapes for needed repairs and missing hooks
- Transports linen to and from the linen or laundry room
- Attends staff meetings
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change.
- No previous experience required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, bend, stoop, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 40 lbs routinely with or without reasonable accommodation
- Part time position
- Flexible schedule needed: weekends and holidays included
- Includes paid time off and holidays
- 401k benefits included
- Rate of pay will commensurate with experience
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Posting ID: 72684861Posted: 2019-10-14