Provides customer service to guests of hotel by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets, registers, suggestively sells rooms, issues room keys, assigns rooms to guests and sets wake up calls in a efficient, warm and friendly manner.
- Ensures guest safety by following established security procedures including fire/tornado procedures, key security and guest privacy.
- Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
- Records and communicates guest special requests and problems to appropriate department and ensures they are addressed in a timely and acceptable manner.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and local attractions and provides travel directions.
- Accurately checks out guests and communicates departures with housekeeping staff.
- Accurately computes bill, collects payment, makes change for guests and makes deposits according to KHC cash handling procedures.
- Makes, confirms and cancels reservations via telephone, computer and in writing.
- Answers and routes internal and external phone calls in an articulate, friendly manner using prescribed procedures.
- Posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone, to ledger.
- Deposits guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
- Maintains the shift-to-shift log accurately to ensure proper communication between shifts is maintained.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the hotel lobby and front desk area.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATION: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
SCHEDULE: AM Shift Position and weekends may be required.
Click APPLY NOW to apply online today!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to complaints or inquiries from groups of managers, customers or employees in person, via telephone or in writing. Ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers or employees in person, via telephone or in writing.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages. Ability to accurately handle cash, credit cards and checks. Ability to use basic accounting functions to balance deposits/daily work.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: May require franchise specific certification depending on business unit.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All employees must follow proper safety precautions at all times to avoid injuries. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and driving conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT: Must be able to handle a crisis in a calm, effective manner. This includes upset guests, fire, tornado, armed robbery and assault, bomb threats and accidents.