ACT is seeking resourceful, articulate, detail-oriented applicants with a desire to provide excellent customer service. Customer service representatives at ACT play a critical role in our team's mission to assist the students, parents, and educators who rely on the ACT test when they have questions or experience problems. This position serves as the front line support resource for our customers.
Typical work-related activities include:
* Effectively solve problems for the customers who call to ask for help registering to take the ACT test, understanding their scores, tracking orders, and sending score reports to institutions
* Data entry tasks including the following types of written requests from customers: registering and/or changing test dates, resolving unpaid balances, requesting corrections to registration information, requesting a change to test center location or test option, ordering materials, sending duplicate admission tickets, processing ACT fee waivers and vouchers.
* Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns in order to help surface new ideas for how to increase productivity, improve resolution rates, and promote customer empathy.
* Diagnose, troubleshoot, and ultimately resolve customer issues related to software, ACT web applications, and hardware configurations.
* Learn and perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Ed requirements:
* High school diploma or equivalent, college degree is a plus
* 1+ years in a professional work experience preferred
* Customer service/help desk/telemarketing/technical support experience highly desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to uphold ACT's values, respect every customer, and exude patience in challenging situations
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions