GovCIO is a team of transformers—people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can't do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the face of I.T. - from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
We are seeking a Network Operations Team Lead to provide technical leadership to a large team of network services engineers who will provide 24x7 mission-critical network operations services to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in support of more than 45,000 users. As a member of our team, you will help to ensure the reliability and security of this FIPS security categorized “High” network. In this role, you will be supported by the Operations Section Manager who will handle personnel administration and support strategic planning, staff planning, and primary liaison with NIH leadership. The Network Operations Team will work alongside the Architecture Team (responsible for enterprise network architecture and design) and Security Team (responsible for enterprise network security).
The role’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical direction to a team comprised of network engineers and change management specialists
- Ensure successful team delivery of high-quality enterprise network services, facilities network, wireless services, data center network services, colocation network services, and change management services in compliance with project SLAs
- Contribute to strategic planning and proof of concept efforts
- Collaborate with government stakeholders and project leads to plan, schedule, and coordinate team activities
- Support forward-looking staff planning to rapidly fulfill new and backfill positions
Team scope within the Network Operations Section includes:
- Maintain 24x7x365 high availability of all network services
- Software and hardware installation, configuration, upgrades, and maintenance
- Hosting site physical escort and LAN closet access
- Maintain operational documentation
- Equipment tracking and warehousing
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Monitoring, logging, and alerting
- Change management
- Support resources responsible for security implementation, monitoring, maintenance, and vulnerability remediation
- Strategic planning for network services
- Bachelor's with 8+ years (or commensurate experience)
- At minimum 7 years of experience providing technical leadership to a large network operations team
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge in the field of network services
- Knowledge of and experience with technical tools such as Science Logic One, RedSeal, LiveNX, AlgoSec, NetLine Dancer, Graphana, StealthWatch, ZEN (Government-Off-The-Shelf), PerSonar, Cisco ISE, Cisco APIC/ACI Cluster Management, Cisco AnyConnect, Cisco DNA, SecureCRT, Infoblox, TACACS, Riverbed, Gigamon, VMWare VSphere, Struxerware, xMatters, NetScout Air Magnet, Cisco Sourcefire, Palo Alto Wildfire, F5 Big IP, RedHat, Radware DDOS, Tenable, Active Directory, and Splunk
- Possess current basic network certifications
- Practical application of current/emergent technologies, agile IT, ITIL, and continuous improvement practices and techniques
- Detailed skills and experience delivering network services, including all aspects of operations, maintenance, and change management
- In-depth knowledge and expertise applying data-driven practices and tools to deliver, manage and optimize service level and performance arrangements for customer relationship management, performance management, and IT network services domains
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, and the demonstrated ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Duties may require traveling, being on-call periodically, and occasionally working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- Must be able to gain a government Public Trust clearance
- Experience with and knowledge of the NIH operational environment and network infrastructure
- ITIL Certification