Urban Food Group regards its Host Position as the Figurehead of our Company. Hosts are often the first contact our guests have when calling or entering our restaurants, and as such, make the all-important First Impression.
For this reason, Employees placed in the Host position are required to LEAD the restaurant in warmth, courtesy, and respect for our guests.
In addition, it is our expectation that UFG Hosts have the following abilities in addition to those listed in the General Job Description:
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to take and relay messages efficiently and accurately
- Ability to handle multiple telephone calls at once
- Ability to write neatly and legibly
- Ability to comprehend and efficiently use the Open Table system, or equivalent method of reservation taking
- Ability to complete all sidework associated with the Host position
- Ability to deal with time constraints
- Ability to maintain a pleasant and hospitable demeanor when dealing with upset guests
- Ability to work in a busy and high pressure position accurately and proficiently
- Ability to follow all dress codes and appearance standards
- Ability to provide a warm, upbeat greeting to our guests and fellow employees
- Ability to provide a sincere and warm 'Thank You' (or equivalent) to departing guests and employees
- Ability to adhere to all telephone courtesies and manners
- Ability to memorize the layout of the restaurant, including table and position numbers
- Ability to provide all answers regarding your specific restaurant
- Ability to provide information about other Urban Food Group restaurants
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
and most importantly:
UFG Hosts Must Maintain a Positive and Upbeat Demeanor at All Times!
Posting ID: 73129369Posted: 2019-10-14