4400 8th Ave
St Petersburg, FL 33711
Why Stock Yards:
- Benefits start on Day 1
- Progressive wage after 1 year
- Great Culture:
- Weekends free
- Home for dinner
- Family environment
- Associate discount
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive starting wage
The Fish Cutter will prepare high quality cuts/filets of seafood using knives or hand tools to perform routine cutting and trimming of seafood.
- Must have working knowledge of seafood production equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to fillet all types of whole fish in accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to reduce processing costs by cutting and sizing portions accurately with good yields.
- Clean, scrape, trim, fillet, and/or portion fish for future processing.
- Weigh fish and tag containers for weight & content, and customer name.
- Ensure compliance of all company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Portion cut product to meet customer specs and company yields.
- Maintain cleanliness of cut room, ensure work area is free of debris and abides by company safety policy.
- Follow FDA requirements for the processing and production of Fresh/Frozen seafood.
- Complete other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Responsible for following and maintaining company policies regarding employee handbook and corporate policies.
- Must have professional fish cutting experience, ability to use knives & other tools for cutting fish
- Knowledge of various fish cutting techniques
- Are you able to work continually in a refrigerated environment of 35-45 degrees?
- Do you have 1 year of Experience or Completed an Apprenticeship? Clarify this further.
- Summarize any related experience, knowledge, skills/abilities that may qualify you as being able to perform job-related functions/qualifications of this position.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
We’ve been providing chefs with expertly cut and portioned seafood for over 120 years, based on rigid selection criteria, precise cutting/fileting and expert trimming. Whatever your need, from white-linen presentation to casual family dining, our procurement experts will find the best-quality options that work for your budget and pack-size needs, carefully selected from our seafood assortment.
**EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States