Position Title: Artisan Baker/Dough Maker
Reports to: Restaurant General Manager
Effective Date: January 2018
This position performs a variety of baking duties and assists with the preparation of bagels, muffins, cookies, and other pastries.
“People Make the Difference” is a phrase you will hear over and over again in the course of your work at Brooklyn Water Enterprises. We strive to always treat our employees, our TEAM, like they are our most important asset because they are, YOU ARE! The role that every Team Member plays is a vital one and we recognize that the success of our business is directly related to the success of our people and we promise to treat our Team like we treat our Guests – with respect, understanding and as valued partners in our growth and profitability.
- Understands the importance of all baking procedures and recipes.
- Skilled at prepping and baking bagels and muffins.
- Able to do open bake.
- Proficient at making all dough mixtures in a timely manner using correct procedures.
- Understands rotation and shelf life of raw dough.
- Clean and disinfect work area; set-up and break-down work station; and follow and ensure compliance with sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Knows how to proof bagels.
- Recognizes the importance of time and temperature.
- Responsible for opening store on time.
- Able to close the entire bakery
- Understands our Guest Culture.
- Fosters positive interactions with guests in the queue line.
- Understands basic Front Of House duties to assist in the morning.
- Understands all paperwork.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- One-year baking experience preferred.
- Pastry or baking culinary courses preferred.
- Activities: Physical requirements involve sitting; climbing or balancing; and stooping, kneeling, or crouching. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires an early morning work schedule to ensure all goods are baked for the day. Typical working hours are 3:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Hours of work may include weekends and holidays, with no guaranteed days off.
Posting ID: 73194696Posted: 2019-10-11