Are you looking for a new adventure? Would you like to explore eastern NC? We are looking for an Intrastate Travel RN that is open to supporting branches throughout eastern NC where there is a vacant position or increased need for nursing talent. An assignment may vary from one week to several weeks, at the discretion of the direct manager.
Acting in a Registered Nurse capacity, this role will administer skilled nursing care for patients in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/family and referring agency, and assume the responsibility for coordination of care. Provides admission, case management, and follow-up skilled nursing visits for patients under Clinical Manager's supervision in compliance with the state Registered Nurse Practice Act. Ensures compliance with applicable licensure/certification requirements, applicable healthcare standards, governmental laws and regulations, and Company policies, procedures, and philosophy of care.
- Travel to assigned locations to perform nursing duties, typically by self-transport in a personal motor vehicle.
- Evaluates and admits patients to the service, completing appropriate clinical documentation under the Clinical Manager’s direction. Assesses the individual status and care/instruction needs of the patient
- Provides in-home care including admission, case management, and follow-up skilled nursing visits for home health patients.
- Administers ongoing care and case management for each patient, and provides necessary follow-up as directed by the Clinical Manager.
- Confers with physician/provider in developing the initial plan of treatment/plan of care based on provider's orders and initial patient assessment. Provides hands-on care, management, and evaluation of the care plan and teaching of the patient in accordance with provider orders, under Clinical Manager's supervision. Revises plan in consultation with a provider based on ongoing assessments and as required by policy/regulation.
- Coordinates appropriate care, encompassing various healthcare personnel (such as Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Home Health Aides, and external providers).
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meetings in conjunction with assigned branch scheduled.
- Reports patient care/condition/progress to patient's provider and Clinical Manager on a continuous basis.
- Implements patient care plan in conjunction with patient and family to assist them in achieving optimal resolution of needs/problems.
- Coordinates/oversee/supervise the work of LPN, Home Health Aides, Certified Home Health Aides and provides direction based on the current plan of care. Monitor the appropriate completion of documentation by home health aides/personal care workers as part of the supervisory/oversight responsibility.
- Discharges patients after consultation with the provider and Clinical Manager, preparing and completing required clinical documentation.
- Prepares appropriate medical documentation on all patients, including any case conferences, patient contacts, medication order changes, re-certifications, progress updates, and care plans.
- Diploma or Associate’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program
- Unrestricted RN license in work state-assigned
- Current CPR certification
- Valid drivers’ license in good standing
- Minimum of one year of certified home health
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 100% for assignments
- Minimum of three years nursing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- HCHB experience and OASIS certification
- Strong med surg, ICU, ER, acute experience
- Organizational and communication skills