ULTRASOUND TECH - SONOGRAPHER - BIVF Part-Time As Needed
Evansville, IN 47703
The Women’s Hospital is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent in a wide range of skills and occupations. We need exceptional people who share our passion for providing, family centered, high-quality care to fill clinical and non-clinical roles.
We are currently seeking a per diem Ultrasound Tech - Sonographer to join our team of professionals in the Boston IVF Department. The typical shift will be 7:30am to 4pm, though the hours for this position will vary and be as needed.
WHY WORK FOR THE WOMEN’S HOSPITAL?
We offer a work environment that supports you personally and professionally, and a work culture where you are valued and appreciated. Examples include flexible work schedules for early risers, night owls, weekenders and everyone in between; an extensive benefits package with retirement savings, comprehensive health insurance and pet insurance; and the ability to “give back” by supporting programs and charities in our community.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR ULTRASONOGRAPHER CANDIDATES?
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of ultrasound.
- Six months of hospital experience with OB/GYN focus is preferred.
WHAT ARE THE ULTRASONOGRAPHER RESPONSIBILITIES?
The Per Diem Outpatient Ultrasound Technologist performs diagnostic sonographic duties, knowledgeable of women’s health and anatomy; performs quality, diagnostic OB, pelvic and transvaginal follicular ultrasounds as well as antral follicle counts; and is responsible for proper cleaning and usage of transvaginal probe.
- Accurately documents findings for interpreting physician.
- Accurately enters exam information into EMR – eIVF.
- Consistently keeps department/equipment stocked and clean.
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment functions, safety, image transmission and troubleshooting.
- Follows established guidelines for Trophon use.
- Performs exams according to protocols established by Reproductive Endocrinologist.
- Performs quality, diagnostic OB, pelvic, transvaginal follicular and antral follicle counts.
- Properly recognizes and demonstrates knowledge of when/how to contact physicians for emergency results.