Title: Assistant Store Manager I (Non-Exempt)
A. Primary Responsibilities
Assist store manager in the effective operation of a Goodwill retail store. Prepare related reports, reconcile daily sales reports. Maintain store security.
B. Immediate Supervision:
C. Essential Job Functions
1. Assist store manager in supervision of staff.
2. Operate electric cash register.
3. Stock, display and sell all types of merchandise.
4. Provide excellent customer service.
5. Maintain inventory of store merchandise.
6. Price and markdown merchandise properly.
7. Handle funds properly as required for store operation.
8. Maintain store security measures.
9. Enforce safety practices and procedures. Prepare related reports.
10. Responsible for neat and clean appearance of the store.
11. Maintain and coach back room Kaizen process.
12. Understand and supervise color rotation / price reductions. Ensure 100% weekly pulls.
13. Audit and balance store petty cash and daily sales reports.
14. Security: Take appropriate action on known and suspected theft.
15. Accept permanent or temporary assignments in other locations at discretion of District Manager
16. Assist the store manager with scheduling staff and ordering merchandise.
17. Prepare necessary reports and maintain records as required for store operation
18. Valid driver license and insured/reliable vehicle.
19. Perform other duties as assigned that would lead to successful operation of department, team and/or mission.
D. Job Specifications
1. Ability to speak/read/write proficient English.
2. Ability to lead, train and coach employees to continuously improve.
3. Must obtain the Occupational Skills Training Certification
4. Punctual and dependable attendance
5. Ability to effectively interact with public and fellow workers.
6. Ability to reconcile daily receipts and balance daily sales reports accurately.
7. Must be able to work any store hours. 7 days a week - 7:00am to 9:00 pm
8. Proper attire.
9. Ability to lift/pull/push up to 50 lbs.
10. Mobility: Ability to stand up seven hours
11. Ability to bend/squat/stoop.
12. Proficient math skills
13. Ability to complete own reports.
14. Free from drug and alcohol abuse.
E. Environment Conditions
1. Retail Store
2. Stock Room
F. Equipment, Machines, Tools Used
1. Electronic cash register.
2. Smart safe.
3. Credit card terminal.
5. Safety equipment.
6. Computer and telephone.
7. Merchandise handling equipment.
8. Pricing equipment.
9. Broom, Dust Mop, Wet Mop, Water Bucket.
Posting ID: 73361701Posted: 2019-10-17