The Sales Associate is a key employee whose actions have a direct effect on the store quality for our guests, in addition to ensuring profitability of our stores. This position is responsible for providing prompt, efficient, effective, safe and courteous quality services to the guest.
Cultivate a G-U-E-S-T in Mind Culture. Responsibilities
1. Focus on the wildly important.
2. Be a leader.
3. Be committed to the guest.
- Provides prompt, courteous customer service by discovering guest’s needs.
- Rings up all sales on cash register, or point-of-sale equipment properly and accurately. Using suggestive selling techniques.
- Maintains ethical integrity, and honesty while handling money, checks, and other types of payment received for products sold.
- Follows policies and procedures established to prevent loss or cash and merchandise due to actions by employees, vendors, and customers. Ensures proper cash handling procedures and policies are followed.
- Safeguards cash and merchandise; follow company robbery prevention and reaction procedures as provided in the Emergency Response and Reporting Procedures and Policy Manual.
- Performs duties necessary to maintain internal and external store cleanliness; in addition to basic upkeep so that floors, windows, restrooms, food preparation areas, shelves, and counters stay clean and presentable at all times.
- Reacts and reports to customer complaints tactfully and promptly.
- Follows company policy and procedure and all laws governing restricted beverage and tobacco sales.
- Performs service transactions in accordance with company policy such as s lottery sales and redemption; vendor coupon redemptions; company approved credit cards, and etc.
- Adheres to company policies when related to safety and security. Looking for and eliminating safety hazards; reporting unsafe acts or conditions to management.
- Prepares required accident/incident reports; immediately reporting such activities to the Facility Manager.
- Maintains gas island cleanliness, safety, and stock levels (oil spills, windshield fluid, pumps, and etc.)
- Complies with all food safety behaviors including: proper handling procedures, temperature requirements, and established sanitary standards.
- Receives products from vendors, following correct procedures. Assist management in vendor check-in.
- Maintains merchandise including: proper rotation, storage, stocking, and pricing promptly/accurately.
- Assists in maintaining proper inventory levels and audits.
- Maintains knowledge of all products offerings and promotions.
- Completes all required paper work accurately (vendor invoices, job assignment sheets, etc.)
- Maintains a professional appearance in accordance with company uniform and personal appearance policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to work on time and when scheduled.
Are You Ready?
The Sales Associate position requires the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and coworkers
- Desire to be part of a performance-driven team
- The Sales Associate position requires constant standing and walking with occasional stooping, reaching, kneeling and crouching/ squatting. Frequent or occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 20 – 50 pounds is required.
In connection with Colorado’s “Equal Pay for Equal Work Act,” 7-Eleven, Inc. provides the following information:
Denver Pay Range:
Outside of Denver Pay Range:
For a general description of all benefits 7-Eleven is offering for the position, please use the link below and see the 3rd section called “Variable Hour Employees”.
Vacation and other paid time-off is also offered based on eligibility
The hourly or salary range is the range 7-Eleven in good faith believes is the range of compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, long-term incentive compensation, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.