Highland Ventures Ltd. is the parent company to six national brands: Family Video, Hoogland Foods (dba Marco’s Pizza), Stay Fit 24, Highland Pure Water & Ice, Family Vet Group, and Legacy Commercial Property.
Marco’s Pizza: Restaurant General Manager
Hoogland Foods, LLC is looking for an exceptional General Manager who wants to be part of the fastest growing pizza company, Marco’s Pizza!
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of our business. You will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service. Restaurant manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. You’ll hire qualified Team Members, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations. We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
· Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager or similar role
· Ability to lead 23-30 team members
· Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
· Acute financial management skills
· Professional, Fun, Outgoing
· Self motivated
· Goal Driven
· Able to create the perfect pizza
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Commitment to excellent service
· Strong problem-solving aptitude
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide direction and feedback to Team Members during shifts
· Demonstrate and reinforces the Hoogland Food way we lead at Marco’s Pizza
· Understands and supports our handbook
· Train, coach, and develop Team Members
· Evaluate staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
· Hire, develop and retain Team Members
· Update weekly communication board with critical store/company information
· Conduct regular feedback sessions with Team Members
· Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
· Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
· Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
· Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
· Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
· Prepare shift schedules
· Process payroll for all staff
· Lead staff meetings
· Control assigned P & L line items; control food components, labor, waste, and cash across shifts
· Maintain appropriate inventory and places store orders (following DM certification)
· Address customer and employee complaints
· Resolve conflicts between workers
· Foster and maintain a positive work environment
· Follow standards for finished product quality
· Control food costs, labor, waste, and cash while leading shifts
· Delegate tasks to associates to ensure standards are met on each shifts
· Ensure all health and security procedures are executed (safe procedures, open/close procedures etc.)
· Use proper security and verification procedures when handling deposits and the contents of the safe
· Responsible for accurate deposits and cash handling on shifts
· High School diploma or equivalent preferred
· 18+ years old
· Valid Driver’s License
· Availability to work within opening hours (e.g. evenings, holidays, weekends)
· 1-2 years of supervisory experience in a food service or retail environment preferred
· Customer Service Oriented – have an exceptional and positive attitude
· Excellent written, verbal and group communication skills
· Possess basic business math skills
· Basic computer skills in order to operate POS (cash registers) systems
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds
· Have exceptional grooming and hygiene habits.
Opportunities and Benefits:
· Compensation: $ 35k – $ 50k per year
· + Monthly revenue commission!
· + Quarterly performance based bonus!
· Advancement to multi-unit manager * 70% of multi-unit managers have been promoted from store managers within!
Hoogland Foods Team Members enjoy flexible work schedules, wear jeans to work, meal discounts, paid training, and advancement opportunities. Employee Perks program with discounts available for restaurants, car repairs, theme parks, groceries and much more! Benefits package includes a 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, life insurance, flex spend account, and paid vacation (eligibility requirements).