EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
This position will be focusing primarily on our Energy Systems line of business,which include telecommunications, IT, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), utilities and switchgear, security, emergency lighting and general electronics. Some of the reserve power brands include PowerSafe,DataSafe, and Genesis. Our extensive product range serves a variety of reserve power applications and consistently delivers the most effective, powerful and reliable batteries available. Job Purpose
Provide technical and application support for EnerSys products and services, in the assigned area against profitable margins and in line with the business plan, in order to contribute to the realization of service- related sales and service targets.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and ISO9000
- Maintains a safe, orderly, and clean working environment
- Is directly responsible for company assets, may include a service vehicle, parts inventory, tools, laptop and test equipment
- Maintains truck log, if necessary, according to state and federal regulations
- Works mainly in service center/shop, but could travel to customer sites if needed
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive pickup and delivery instructions
- Maintains records of performance reports
- Prepares new and spent product for shipment
- Loads and unloads trucks. As needed, will operate material handling equipment per OSHA requirements
- Replaces defective parts, reassembles batteries and fills cells with the acid solution
- Reads meters and adjusts charge parameters to control time and flow of current through the battery
- Ability to perform discharge tests evaluates results and makes necessary repairs
- Ensure day to day complaint logs and plan for a site visit
- Tracking service cells inward & outward and update on daily basis in the tracker
- Frequent visit to customers to maintain good relations
- Ensure calibration of tools as per the due date
- On occasion, must be able and willing to work varying scheduleds which may include nights, weekends, and public holidays
- Other duties may apply
- 2-4 years of previous customer service experience in field support
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet
- Able to operate a cell phone
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools
- Able to read with comprehension and write documents (such as customer correspondences, memos, and reports) in English
- Able to perform basic math such as add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- High School Diploma or equivalent
General Job Requirements
- A basic electrical understanding
- The use of test equipment and reading schematics
- Technical degreein Engineering where/if applicable to the location
- This position requires you to drive a company vehicle. Therefore, you must be able to pass the company's driving requirements. Certain vehicles may also require a specific drivers license and have additional driving requirements.
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
- Must be able and willing to be on-call.
- Risk of electrical shock.
- This position is exposed to harmful materials such as lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure everyones safety.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Nearest Major Market: