Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.