This is the job description for RESTAURANT SERVER
Job Title: Outlet Server
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: AGM or F&B Manager
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To serve meals to patrons according to established rules of etiquette.
1. Serves ice water and/or coffee upon greeting the table.
2. Presents menu to diner, suggesting dinner courses, appropriate wines, and answering
questions regarding food preparation.
3. Writes order on check or memorizes it.
4. Relays order to kitchen or bar and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
5. Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
6. Serves patrons from dish at table on occasion.
7. Observes diners to fulfill any additional request and to perceive when meal has been
8. Totals bill and accepts payment or refers patron to cashier.
9. Replenishes supplies and prepares for the next meal.
10. Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Use arithmetic to total costs and make change.
2. Talk with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give them
3. Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
4. Move fingers and hands easily and quickly to handle things like dishes, money and
5. Lift and carry things like heavy trays.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience None required
Posting ID: 73688723Posted: 2019-10-17