We are currently hiring in the following City/Surrounding Areas:
LaPlace, LA 70068
Destrehan, LA 70047
Metairie, LA 70003
New Orleans, LA 70114
Do you Love Children? Are you passionate about art?
Then we want to talk to you!
Teaching for Young Rembrandts is a rewarding part-time position. Most of our classes are right after school, once a week, one hour long. You bring the passion, Young Rembrandts provides the training, support, curriculum and all supplies. Depending on availability, you may teach more than one class each week.
The Young Rembrandts Instructor position is part-time mostly afterschool position. Some classes will be held in evenings and on weekends. Hours are minimal part-time.
A Young Rembrandts Instructor is the image of Young Rembrandts and should conduct him/herself accordingly. Young Rembrandts instructors are required to work with the students in a positive, nurturing and kind manner at all times. Young Rembrandts instructor’s primary responsibilities include preparation of required lessons according to instruction (on a weekly basis), conducting class according to the guidelines set forth in the Instructor Training Manual, and attendance at mandatory teacher meetings (monthly).
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Ensure proper accountability of all students at beginning of class and dismissal procedures.
• Follow the Young Rembrandts’ method and all directives from YR staff.
• Provide feedback to parents, students, and program coordinator.
• Keep Young Rembrandts supplies and uniform in excellent condition.
• Provide a positive environment during a Young Rembrandts class or event.
• Prepare lessons and prep materials each week in advance of class
• Participate in the monthly meeting.
• Respond promptly to text and/or email from Young Rembrandts staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to manage a classroom with up to 20 kids.
• Great organization skills and ability to follow thru the lesson.
• Exceptional communication skills (verbally and in writing); with parents, students, and program coordinators.
• Ability to capture and upload photos of student work.
• Ability to keep students engaged in the activity.
• Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
• Must have your own transportation
• Prefer a minimum of 2 days of afternoon availability
• Fine Arts Degree, Teacher background and/or Bachelor’s Degree is a plus but not required
Pay info: pay $10/hour, standard classes are paid 2 hours
Young Rembrandts of Southeast Louisiana