A Director of Sales with Hotel Management Services is responsible for helping to create and grow a sales culture for the subject hotel. The director of sales will be responsible for RevPAR growth and financial profitability by focusing on the growth and development of assigned segments. As an organization, we strive to hire qualified candidates who operate in agreement with our company core principles.
Director of Sales – Hotel Management Services Duties: Duties include but are not limited to the items listed below:
- This position will be responsible for generating top line revenue/RevPAR to exceed budgeted expectations.
- This position will collaborate with the Area Director of Sales, General Manager, Area Operations Manager, and Regional Director of Operations and will report to the Director of Revenue Management and Sales.
- This individual, based on the hotel’s selling strategy, will book appropriate business that allows hotel to achieve/exceed monthly RevPAR budget.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed RevPAR goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspection and written communication.
- Committed to the company and achievement of its goals.
- This unique individual may be called upon for soliciting and developing account leads for other Hotel Management Services hotels.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, be aggressive in targeting new business and exceed established goals for each market segment as designated by the Area Director of Sales, Director of Revenue Management and Sales, and Area Manager.
- Responsible for actively participating in strategies to insure closing on each business opportunity to maximize revenue; ensure business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery in accordance with hotel standards.
- Manage accounts to achieve guest satisfaction; and ensure all revenue goals are achieved and/or exceeded by soliciting past and new business; generate sales plans and strategies to meet and/or exceed revenue goals and capture a higher percentage of the current market share.
- Respond to leads in an efficient and expeditious manner; effectively communicate with external and internal clients in a friendly, positive manner with confidence and an ability to meet/exceed client needs and resolve client issues through challenging situations.
- Maintain sales efforts records through SalesForce or the current sales activity tracking method.
- Provide training as needed to other members of the hotels selling team.
- High School Education or Equivalent
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, polished presentation and strong customer service orientation; at least three years of sales experience in a hotel or other service industry; considerable experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, be aggressive in targeting new business and exceed established goals for each market segment as designated by Director of Revenue Management and Sales, Area Manager and Senior VP of Operations.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines, be flexible, work under pressure, and organized with attention to detail.
- Superb prospecting and negotiating skills; team player with a positive, professional attitude and appearance; excellent time management skills.
- Self-motivated individual that is creative and energetic; proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Products.
- Compensation package includes incentive plan in addition to base wage; some evenings and weekends are required.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Posting ID: 73729975Posted: 2019-10-18