THE ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (AGM) IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSISTING THE GENERAL MANAGER (GM) WITH GENERATING PROFIT TO MEET OR EXCEED BUDGET EXPECTATIONS, WHILE MAINTAINING OPERATIONAL AND GUEST SERVICE STANDARDS.
AGMS ASSIST GM IN THE COACHING, COUNSELING AND TRAINING OF TEAM MEMBERS, PERFORM BUILDING INSPECTIONS, MONITOR TEAM MEMBER PRODUCTIVITY, MARKET THE PROPERTY TO INCREASE OCCUPANCY AND BUILD REVENUE AND THEY PROVIDE A CLEAN AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR EMPLOYEES AND GUESTS. AGM’S DILIGENTLY OBSERVE CUSTOMER SERVICE CONCERNS AND DIRECT EMPLOYEES TO EXECUTE SOLUTIONS WHICH PLEASE OUR GUESTS.
AGMS SHARE IN THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACHIEVING REVENUE AND PROFIT OBJECTIVES WHILE CONSISTENTLY ENFORCING POLICY AND PROCEDURES. UNDER THE GM’S AND AGM’S DIRECTION QUALITY ASSURANCE REVIEW (QAR) SCORES MUST REMAIN AT A SATISFACTORY LEVEL.
AGMS EARN A BASE SALARY AND BASED ON RESULTS QUALIFY FOR A PERFORMANCE BONUS. AGMS ARE EXEMPT AND NOT ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME COMPENSATION.
AS AN ORGANIZATION, WE STRIVE TO HIRE QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WHO OPERATE IN AGREEMENT WITH OUR COMPANY CORE PRINCIPLES.
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES: THESE DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ITEMS LISTED BELOW:
• Assist GM in reviewing, monitoring and approving property payroll.
• Assist GM in the weekly processing of direct bill invoices and the posting of payments.
• Assist GM in the generation, tracking and follow through of sales leads.
• Maintain relationships with target accounts and competitors. Sustain, retain and service core business accounts.
• Assist GM with Studio Inventory management to ensure maximization of studio revenue.
• Offer Brand amenities, products and services in order to accommodate guests’ needs and increase revenue.
• Assists the GM with interviewing candidates and the processing of new hire paperwork.
• Reinforces training, provides coaching and motivation of all team members.
• Contributes insight for the development of personnel performance appraisals.
• Ensure team members have an attitude of attentiveness.
• Meet and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their satisfaction level with guest services and facilities.
• Assists the GM and Maintenance Technician with the follow through and inspection of Preventative Maintenance Program through Coba.
• Make suggestions for ways to improve operations and increase profitability.
• Assist with the Inspection of guest rooms and public spaces daily according to Brand Standards.
• Understand and co-lead the property’s safety procedures, BBP, OSHA and all Safety and Security processes, reporting procedures and training.
• Understand and co-lead in all property emergency procedures, in the event of an emergency or accident.
• Assist in maintaining the key control program
• Follow appropriate cash control procedures.
• Make daily bank deposits when GM is not available to do so.
• Ensures property uniform standards are followed by all team members.
• Know area attractions and services, in order to accommodate guests’ needs.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, and strong communication skills are required.
One year experience in hotel management including Front Desk (phones and transactions). AGM or Operations Manager (sales, guest issues, managing staff, hiring and firing) and Back of House operations (housekeeping, preventative maintenance, repairs, room inspections, etc.
Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
Possession of a valid driver’s license is required.