To perform routine maintenance and simple repairs to a variety of machine tools and other related plant equipment. Will usually work under the guidance and direction of a higher graded NC Technician. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine maintenance and simple repairs to electronic, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical malfunctions of machine tools and technologically advanced plant equipment to ensure optimum operating condition. Regularly uses a variety of test equipment including oscilloscopes, frequency counters, function generators, stroboscopes, voltmeters and ammeters and geometrical alignment equipment such as lasers and Ball Bars. Works regularly with higher graded technicians on advanced complexity assignments.
- Becomes thoroughly familiar with and adheres to machine operation and adjustments procedures, lubrication and alignment requirements and preventive maintenance instructions. Adjusts, calibrates and verifies operational performance of subsystems and their integration with other systems.
- Assists in developing and performing preventive maintenance including periodic inspection, testing and servicing of machines.
- Responsible only for own work.
- Supplements education and work experience to advance to a higher level numerical controlled technician.
- Performs other related duties.
High school education or equivalent with documents formal training in electronics repair or manufacturing type equipment. Requires an understanding of a broad range of electronic, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic principles and their application to machine tools and factory equipment. Must be competent in the use of blueprint and schematic materials as well as diagnostic equipment as required by job duties. EXPERIENCE:
Requires 1 to 3 years electro/mechanical experience or related experience plus familiarization with manufacturing equipment.WORKING CONDITIONS:
Somewhat disagreeable due to temperatures, dust, machinery related fluids and uncomfortable working positions.
Take your career higher at Textron Aviation.
- Competitive starting salaries with growth potential
- Health benefits beginning day one
- Tuition assistance and continuing education programs
- 12-paid holidays a year
A new career awaits.
This role is eligible for $2,000 (pre-tax) sign-on bonus