Hospice Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Now Hiring
Miami, FL 33126
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY - LPN
The licensed practical nurse provides hospice care and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The practical nurse works with the registered nurse in providing services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Completes a routine nursing assessment of patients and families to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
2. Provides nursing care by utilizing all elements of the nursing process.
3. Assesses and evaluates patient’s status by regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs.
4. Follows the plan of care and communicates necessary revisions needed as patient status and needs change.
5. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care.
6. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
7. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
8. Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
9. Collaborates effectively with RN Case Manager and Clinical Supervisor and assists in coordinating patient care for assigned patients.
1. Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition and care given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
2. Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physicians’ orders as required.
3. Communicates with community health related persons in relation to the care plan.
4. Reports suspected abandonment, abuse, financial exploitation, or neglect of a person to the department of social and health services and the proper law enforcement agency. Reports must be submitted immediately when the reporting person has reasonable cause to believe that abandonment, abuse, financial exploitation, or neglect of a vulnerable adult has occurred.
5. Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works in concert with the case manager and interdisciplinary group.
6. Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
7. Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care.
8. Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice interdisciplinary group to meet the emotional needs of the patient and family/caregiver.
9. Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
1. Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
2. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
3. Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities when required.
4. Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes.
5. Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case assignments.
6. Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
2. LPN, with a License in good standing to practice in the state of Florida.
3. The LPN shall have a minimum of (a) two (2) years of experience as a nurse within the last three (3) years; OR have a minimum of one (1) years’ experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health, home care, or hospice nursing is preferred.
4. Once an offer of employment is made, it is contingent upon satisfactory references, as requested, and criminal background checks by regulation.
5. Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
6. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
7. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
1. PTO & Paid Holidays
2. Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
3. Short Term Disability
4. Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Chronic Illness Insurance
5. Life Insurance
7. Employee Referral Bonus
8. Mileage Reimbursement
$34.00 per hour Part-time Coral gables, FL 33114 Urgently Hiring Est. $23.79 - $35.69 Full-time, Part-time Miami, FL 33129 Urgently Hiring Est. $18.20 - $23.68 Full-time, Part-time Miami springs, FL 33166 Urgently Hiring $26,000.00 to $56,000.00 annually Full-time MIAMI, FL 33166 $26,000.00 to $56,000.00 annually Full-time MIAMI, FL 33166 $26,000.00 to $56,000.00 annually Full-time MIAMI, FL 33166 $26,000.00 to $56,000.00 annually Full-time MIAMI, FL 33166 $26,000.00 to $56,000.00 annually Full-time MIAMI, FL 33166 $26,000.00 to $56,000.00 annually Full-time MIAMI, FL 33137 $26,000.00 to $56,000.00 annually Full-time MIAMI, FL 33166 Est. $23.79 - $35.69 Full-time South Miami, FL 33243 Urgently Hiring Est. $23.79 - $35.69 Full-time South Miami, FL 33243 Urgently Hiring Est. $11.24 - $15.26 Full-time Miami, FL 33161 Urgently Hiring Est. $23.79 - $35.69 Full-time Miami, FL 33222 Urgently Hiring $26,000.00 to $56,000.00 annually Full-time MIAMI, FL 33183