Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Software Engineer, Back End (Remote-Eligible)
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are seeking Back End Software Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies. As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One.
The ML Foundational Capabilities team is focused on delivering a few key components of the MLP ecosystem. Focus areas:
What You'll Do:
- Building infrastructure to automate machine learning governance, model performance monitoring, drift analysis and responsible AI
- Building foundational platform and application capabilities on Kubernetes and control plane operator contract that ties different components of machine learning platform
- This is a new tower that is getting formed. Opportunity to start at ground level. We are starting with plans to staff 3 engineering teams which will grow further
- Building a multi tenant Kubernetes infrastructure for ML platform
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment
- Utilize programming languages like Python, Go, and Scala, Container Orchestration services including Docker and Kubernetes, and a variety of AWS tools and services
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 4 years of professional software engineering experience (Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 5 years of experience in at least one of the following: Java, Scala, Python, Go, or Node.js
- At least 1 years of experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- At least 1 years of experience working with Kubernetes
- At least 1 years of experience working with Docker
- At least 3 years of experience in open source frameworks
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile practices
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).