Perform retail sales functions, accept merchandise donations, select and price donated goods and textiles to be sold in the retail stores according to the Retail Procedures Manual.
Great way to start a career in retail!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide customer service in a friendly and professional manner (greeting, selling, telephone, etc.)
2. Greet customers and maintain a cheerful and pleasant disposition when servicing customers.
3. Maintain superior level of customer service to meet agency standards.
4. Loads and sorts materials on trailer according to instructions.
5. Maintains premises in compliance with Agency safety and housekeeping practices.
6. Operate cash register accurately and efficiently; (correct change, receipts, checks, charges, discounts, etc.)
7. Inspect textiles, furniture, appliances, small household wares, novelty items, books, toys, decorations and sporting goods to determine sale ability.
8. Receive and handle donated goods from donors.
9. Perform stock duties such as sorting and hanging garments, placing them in the appropriate rack, keep pulling system up to date.
10. Perform stock duties such as stocking shelves and maintaining displays.
11. Ensure Goodwill quality control standards are met (textiles, misc., and furniture).
12. Test electrical appliances to determine safe operations.
13. Complete reports accurately as assigned (donation counts, readings, daily business statements, deposits, and cash drawer).
14. Price merchandise according to prescribed criteria.
15. Prepare textiles and goods for resale.
16. Disinfect upholstered materials using Steri-Fab.
17. Follow the dress code as set by Goodwill and display a professional image and attitude.
18. Performs any additional duties as assigned by Manager, Assistant or Supervisor and maintaining an enthusiastic and helpful attitude.
19. Must work a flexible schedule to comply with the needs of the store.
20. Must maintain the ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
21. Perform other duties as assigned.
22. Comply with all Agency policies, procedures and safety standards throughout work areas and maintain same to meet CARF, Department of Labor and other regulatory standards.