Grocery Shopper - Hiring Immediately
- Employment:Full-time, Part-time
- Location:Kenilworth, NJ 07033
Elizabeth, NJ 07202
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
SUPERVISES: Junior Assistant Manager (or MIT), Sales Associates,
All other Store Personnel
Support the Manager in the overall operation of the store, maximizing sales potential, developing staff, controlling expenses and shortages (cash and inventory) maximizing the store’s profit contribution. Responsible to develop and participate, when possible in management decisions and actions, with the manager, in order to learn and qualify for assuming total store responsibility. (Under the direction of Store Manager)
· Assist Store Manager in recruitment of non-management store personnel.
· Train and develop all store personnel including Junior Assistant Manager utilizing company standards and programs.
· Supervise, assign work to, and monitor daily performance of sales staff and other store personnel.
Train and supervise all store employees to ensure adherence to customer service standards such as:
· Recognize customers warmly and promptly.
· Talk with customers to determine their wants and needs.
· Appropriately, respond to those needs promptly and thoroughly.
· Use “Reasons to Buy” (return policy, layaways, holds, charge cards, value).
· Provide fitting room service and exercise controls.
· Suggest multiples and/or complementary items.
· Recognize when a customer is ready to buy and close the sale.
· Organize and participate in store promotions and contests.
· Plan and assign daily sales objectives to sales staff.
· Monitor sales performance, identify problems, which prevent maximum productivity and solve them quickly, appropriately and thoroughly.
· Train new employees and ensure compliance with company security policies, state laws and Loss Prevention techniques.
· Control keys to store, register terminal, fitting rooms, and handbag locker.
· Secure and lock stockroom(s) and receiving door(s).
· Secure selling floor (lock coat chains, fitting rooms, etc.)
· Ensure physical checks, check lock mechanisms, etc.
· Responsible to keep store shrinkage at acceptable levels.
· Demonstrate merchandise knowledge (know fabric care, content, fit and labels, contrasts colors, coordinate and accessorize merchandise).
· Train employees in and exhibit fashion awareness (know fashion terms and trends) and communicate these to customers.
· Complete merchandise floor arrangement as directed by Store Manager. Recommend changes to enhance store appearance. Assemble and maintain interior displays and window displays.
· Assign, supervise or participate in housekeeping activities (vacuum, clean mirrors and fixtures, dust, replace light bulbs, clean bathroom).
· Replenish floor stock as needed.
· Communicate best sellers, slow sellers and overstocks to Store Manager.
· Maintain upkeep of the physical plant (exterior signs, ceiling tiles, etc.)
· Assign work based on priority.
· Check payroll records and time-cards for accuracy.
· Control, reconcile and reimburse petty cash expenses.
· Control use of and order store supplies.
· Review and process supply and/or service requisitions.
· Maintain records and process reports and sales recap.
· Audit all store records and paperwork.
· Maintain control of inventory, including receipt of shipments, control of short forms, prices changes, transfers, unit control, damages, repairs, layaway and hold control.
· Submit cash reports.
· Follow up on return credit charges.
· Does bank deposits daily.
IMPORTANT RULES FOR ASSISTANT MANAGERS
· Employee’s Use of the Fitting Rooms
· Employees can try on company clothing if they are not on company time, after their shift ends or on their day off.
· Store Keys
· There shall be only two or three sets of keys for a store: One set for the Manager and the other for the Assistant Manager. If there are two Assistant Managers, each may have a set of keys.
· Any exception to this policy must have the express permission in writing, of the Regional Manager. Store locks must be changed after any key holder leaves the stores employment.
· Store Coverage
· There must be at least two people, one of whom must be either the Manager or one of the Assistant Managers and one other employee to either open or close the store. In mall stores there may only be one.
Either the Manager or the Assistant Manager must be in the store during the day. A management person must be in the store at all times.
· Notify your District Manager and (Regional Manager), if you plan to be away from your store on any day or part of a day. It is important to notify the above if your store will not be opened for business on time.
· Confidential Information
· Do not divulge information to anyone regarding your lease arrangements, or your payroll, sales, inventory or shortage figures.
· The salaries of Managers, Assistant Managers and Junior Assistant Manager are confidential, and must not be divulged to anyone, particularly other employees.
· Do not grant interviews to TV or radio commentators, or to newspaper reporters and do not participate in any panel discussions.
Refer all inquiries to the Home Office.
Job’ Physical Requirements
Job title: Manager/Assistant Manager
Driving 0 hours
Sit ½ hours
Stand 7 ½ hours
Overhead use of arms Some
Climb Ladder use only
Weight 50lbs. Maximum*
*Lifting merchandise shipment boxes
Set up/ move rounders used on sales floor
Repetitive movement Register use if busy
Special tools: Use of ladder and use of stick to move merchandise to and from wall
Ability, knowledge and use of hardware (assemble/disassemble) racks and display units