What We're Offering
- Remote – working within LaVista, Nebraska
- Sales incentive plan
- Paid time off plus paid holidays
- Medical/dental/vision insurance plan
- Life insurance, short/longterm disability, tuitionreimbursement, flex spending, employee stock purchase plan and employee discount programs
- 401K plan
- Culture:We value and strive for excellence in all that we do through innovative technology by creating long lasting relationships with our stakeholders, co-workers, and customers. We continentally strive to foster teamwork, engagement and enhance our employee's skills and competence by providing appropriate training.
Compensation may vary based on applicant's work experience, education level, skill set, and/or location.
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
Motive Power applications include industrial lift trucks and pallet jacks, rail equipment, mining equipment, and airline ground support equipment. Some of the motive power brands include Hawker, Ironclad, General Battery, and Fiamm. Wherever there is a need for motive power, EnerSys offers the perfect energy solution. Job PurposeEXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITHA GLOBAL LEADER IN STORED ENERGYSOLUTIONS.COMPETITIVE SALARY,GREATBENEFITS, INCENTIVE ELIGIBILITY ANDCAREER GROWTH!
We are seeking a Field Service Technician who will be required to perform both in shop and field service work. Plans and coordinates activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties.
#LI-remote Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to customer sites to install, repair, and perform preventative maintenance to customer's equipment to include flooded and sealed batteries, chargers and DC power distribution equipment (cable trays, battery racks and power cables).
- Interacts with all levels of people, both inside and outside the company.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance inspections of customer's batteries, chargers, battery handling equipment, and battery changing/charging area and records data.
- Replaces defective parts, reassembles battery, and fuses lead parts with gas torch.
- Determines specific gravity of solution.
- Waters, Washes, cleans, and neutralizes customer's batteries at customer‘s location.
- Installsequipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Maintains records of performance reports.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Occasionally download battery and charger data via a monitoring device and use the information to repair or correct battery/charger problems in accordance with the customer's operation.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and ISO9000.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the Field Service Technician job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Minimum Qualifications
- Ahigh school diploma or equivalent; or industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Officeand the Internet.
- Basicmechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
- Previous customer service experience in field support.
- Able to read with comprehension and write documents (such as customer correspondences, memos and reports) in English.
- Able to perform basic mathand solve simple equations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and respond to after hour service calls when required.
- Certificate/Diploma in Mechanical/Electronic/ Electrical or related if the application for location
- A basic electrical understanding
- The use of test equipment and reading schematics
- Hands-on job experience
- Experience should be substantively in the Electrical related field where applicable
General Job Requirements
- Able and willing to travel to customer sites.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record with minimal traffic violations.
- Must be at least 18years of age to drive a company vehicle.
- Able and willing to operate a forklift.
- Able and willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Able and willing to do overnight travel when required.
- Must be able and willing to operate a forklift.
- This position requires you to drive a company vehicle. Therefore, you must be able to pass the company's driving requirements. Certain vehicles may also require a specific drivers license and have additional driving requirements.
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
- Risk of electrical shock.
- This position is exposed to harmful materials such as lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure everyones safety.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Nearest Major Market:
Omaha Nearest Secondary Market: