CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (CST) Full-time
Evansville, IN 47734
The Women’s Hospital is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent in a wide range of skills and occupations. We need exceptional people who share our passion for providing, family centered, high-quality care to fill clinical and non-clinical roles.
We are currently seeking a full-time Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) to join our team of professionals in the Surgical Services Department. The GYN Certified Surgical Technician (CST) performs technical skills and assistance to surgeons, anesthesiologists, and registered nurses in the Operating/Delivery Room. This position is expected to work 36 hours, four 9 hour shifts per week.
This position is benefits eligible. Benefits include: tuition reimbursement, PTO accrual starting at hire (8.93 hrs PTO/pay), health, vision, dental, disability and life insurance, 401(k) with match, and much more!
WHY WORK FOR THE WOMEN’S HOSPITAL?
We offer a work environment that supports you personally and professionally, and a work culture where you are valued and appreciated. Examples include flexible work schedules for early risers, night owls, weekenders and everyone in between; an extensive benefits package with retirement savings, comprehensive health insurance and pet insurance; and the ability to “give back” by supporting programs and charities in our community.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST CANDIDATES?
- The CST must be a graduate from an accredited surgical technician training program and obtain certification within one year of hire
- The CST will be BLS certified and will remain current with all certifications
WHAT ARE THE CST RESPONSIBILITIES?
The CST will be knowledgeable of surgical/obstetrical procedures and instrumentation; safely operates all electro-surgical and disposable equipment; knowledgeable of operating room sanitation, maintenance, terminal cleaning of ORs by practicing appropriate sterilization/disinfection techniques; and demonstrates responsibility with supplies by stocking, ordering, replacing when needed.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of surgical procedures and instrumentation.
- Performs all responsibilities/duties required as defined in the scope of service.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe responsibilities related to general safety, unit safety, and specific job-related hazards.
- Follows appropriate infection prevention practices and biohazard exposure plan.