Job ID: 2205286 Location:
HERNDON , VA , US Date Posted:
Cloud Comp EngrSchedule:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC's National Intelligence Community (NIC) business unit, USG Mission and Information Technology division provides solutions and services supporting digital modernization programs in areas such as system engineering, multi-cloud computing, cyber security, data science and analytics, artificial intelligence/machine learning, quantum computing, application development, SecDevOps, cloud network operations and secure communications.
We are seeking a highly motivated Cloud Developer
to join our multi-million dollar national intelligence program supporting the Cloud Investment Multi-Cloud Management (CIMM) team. As a contributor to the intelligence community's first multi-cloud initiative, you will be at the epicenter of emergent cloud computing technologies establishing a foundation that will evolve to include all agencies within the IC. As a Cloud Developer, you will work alongside development team and assist with designing, deploying, and maintaining multiple, fast-turnaround capabilities utilized to perform highly visible and high priority collection efforts and ensure all capabilities and deliverables meet defined requirements and industry best practices. As a Cloud Developer, you will create, maintain, and perform Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), and operations and maintenance (O&M) on deliverables to adapt to changes in a multi-cloud SecDevOps architecture. As a member of the development team, you will validate collected data to ensure it meets data format requirements, maintain all source code in the GitHub repository, and document all source code. Responsibilities include:
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Providing development engineering and programming support to mission supporting applications.
- Developing, creating, and modifying general computer applications software or specialized utility programs.
- Analyzing user needs and developing software solutions
- Designing software or customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- BS or equivalent experience in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, and/or Computer Science or related field and 5 years of experience in a cloud and/or hybrid environment (4 years of experience in lieu of degree)
- Three (3) or more years of demonstrated experience in two or more following activities:
- JAVA and Python
- Experience in building and deploying systems on the Cloud, using CI/CD frameworks and Infrastructure automation
- Creating and managing cloud application development resources including Virtual Private Connections (VPC) and Virtual Machines (VM)
- IaaS, PaaS and SaaS Services (compute, storage, network, security, administration, automation, application services, databases) in either native cloud or hybrid-cloud environments
- Using GitHub and Open Source applications.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale data architecture, data modeling, database design, and information systems implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in enterprise data strategy, data governance practices, data stewardship principles, data architecture principles, data standards, and metadata management best practices.
- Strong analysis and quality assessment skills
- Operating Systems experience with various Linux and Windows distributions
- Experience with SQL and databases
- Experience migrating both custom built and enterprise apps to from on-prem to cloud.
- Experience in debugging performance and technical issues.
- Team player and have the ability to collaborate with various enterprise teams (application, networking, security) to develop solutions and resolve issues
- Excellent verbal/written communications and the ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to translate requirements into end-to-end designs for systems that involve multiple interfaces and supporting data repositories.
- Ability to explain technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Cloud Certifications (Cloud Developer, DevOps with AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle, or IBM)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see . - provided by Dice