Job ID: 2205331 Location:
HERNDON , VA , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC's National Intelligence Community (NIC) business unit, USG Mission and Information Technology division provides solutions and services supporting digital modernization programs in areas such as system engineering, multicloud computing, cyber security, data science and analytics, artificial intelligence/machine learning, quantum computing, application development, SecDevOps, cloud network operations and secure communications.
We are seeking a highly motivated Technical Writers - Policy
to join our multi-million dollar national intelligence program supporting the Cloud Investment Multi-Cloud Management (CIMM) team. As a contributor to the intelligence community's first multi-cloud initiative, you will be at the epicenter of emergent cloud computing technologies establishing a foundation that will evolve to include all agencies within the IC.
The Technical Writers - Policy
gathers, analyzes, and composes technical information. Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology. Translates technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel. Supports the development of all types of documents and reports by developing and updating graphics presentations to improve the quality and enhance the usability of these documents Responsibilities include:
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Composing technical documents including, Standard Operating procedures (SOPs), user's manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
- Editing functional descriptions, system specifications, user's manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents.
- Conducting research and ensuring the use of proper technical terminology.
- Organizing material and completing writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Establishing the overall organizational layout and editorial standards of the submissions.
- Working with the PMO to develop a consistent, uniform style and language.
- Managing the schedule, assignments, and meetings associated with all narratives and submissions.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of experience writing, reviewing, and editing technical documentation (4 years of experience in lieu of degree)
- Organizing and coordinating the activities for a small team of writers
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable researching cloud technologies
- Understanding of basic cloud technologies and terminology
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see . - provided by Dice