Hey there, welcome to Foxtrot.
We’re the digitally native evolution of the corner store—the one-stop-shop for those seeking thoughtful food experiences that are a reflection of themselves and their city. We offer a handpicked curation of daily essentials in-store and delivered in as little as 30 minutes via our app and website
Alongside our investors like Almanac Insights, Momofuku founder David Chang, Sweetgreen Inc. co-founder/co-chief executive officer Nicolas Jammet, and most recently D1 Capital Partners, we’re building an omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our storefronts offer the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes: beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of locally-sourced coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax in, and Chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day. And all in a space that joins mindful people, brands, and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our swift app and online store highlight our e-commerce experience powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology. We deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in 30 minutes.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce platform and 20+ retail stores in Chicago, DC, and Dallas as we rapidly scale to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot is looking for a hospitality-first, experienced, friendly and motivated Store Manager to lead a café and market in Washington DC.
The Store Manager will lead a dynamic team, ensuring excellent service and welcoming hospitality to guests of our coffee lounge, dine-in café, and retail market. You will also ensure smooth and efficient operations of online delivery orders originating from our app and website.
Foxtrot is expanding in DC with two new stores opening in Fall 2021 and more new stores opening in the market in 2022! Come grow with us!
- Hospitality & Satisfaction. Ensure an atmosphere of welcoming hospitality and top notch customer service to all guests.
- Team Leadership & Management. Oversee hiring, training, and promoting of new store employees. Coaching and retraining of existing employees as needed. Schedule writing and maintenance. Store level labor management. Create and foster a positive and engaging workplace.
- Operational Management. Oversee and ensure optimal operations & execution in-store and online delivery service. Oversee relationship between store staff and delivery team. Manage cash handling including deposits and change.
- Product Ordering and Merchandising. Oversee ordering of product and vendor management for store. Ensure product displays are properly merchandised, labeled, and rotated. Manage ordering and maintenance of store’s non-merchandise and packaging.
- Inventory Management. Conduct regular inventory counts. Institute and manage inventory best practices.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Hospitality- and people-first mindset.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to connect with all levels of the organization.
- Passion and excitement for high-quality & trending goods, especially in food and beverage.
- Strong knowledge of the food and beverage industry.
- Able to work independently and within a cohort of other Store Managers to implement best practices.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds, and use stairs regularly & safely.
- Reliable and dependable.
- 2+ years of previous retail, café and/or restaurant managerial experience is required. Must be 21+ to handle alcohol transactions.
And we couldn’t round this out without mentioning some of the perks of working here, right? Beyond the monthly store credit and all the coffee you could drink, you’ll also enjoy our comprehensive (and growing) benefits program, paid time off, and an employee discount at our shops. * • program & eligibility rules do apply
Foxtrot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify
Foxtrot provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
Foxtrot participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, .